Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Nunes: Intel community surveiled Trump transition officials  (Read 19114 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It means the Obama administration was "wiretapping" members of the incoming Trump team. It is naive to believe Trump wouldn't be accidentally targeted.

The question is : Why? What was the point? It's possible that the PTB were trying to figure out how this "clown" got to be President.

Why make a snotty remark when we're talking about Obama breaking the law and maybe Trump was right.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Victoria33

Basically assured that some leakers could be counted on.
@don-o
@r9etb

Leaking of incidental information is not having a warrant for direct surveillance of Trump Tower.  Leaking is a different subject.  There would be nothing to leak if contact with Russians didn't happen.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:51:06 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Frank Cannon

Still no evidence from what I can see. A Congressman asserting stuff, but no evidence.

Still no evidence that Trump did jack shit, yet Leftists like you will keep carrying the water for the Obama regime in a pathetic attempt to take the President down.

Offline LonestarDream

I can't believe this is a breaking story when most of us paying attention see that Obama was spying on Trump and that the Rats are the ones up to their eyeballs in taking Soviet money for favors.

Well, GCHQ was also under suspicion as well.  So this means that the GCHQ pathway may not have been exploited in this instance.

The damage to US national security and our allies has no bounds under Obama.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:52:34 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I consider "wiretap" to be an old school term that came naturally to Trump. Intercepting electronic non-wire comm is the same, in principle.

I think you're right about that.

Offline Frank Cannon

@don-o

Leaking of incidental information is not having a warrant for direct surveillance of Trump Tower.  Leaking is a different subject.  There would be nothing to leak if contact with Russians didn't happen.

Can you show me where it is illegal for a private citizen to contact Russia? Can you show me evidence that Trump contacted Russia illegally?

To save you some time Googling, the answer to both of those questions is no.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:53:31 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Still no evidence that Trump did jack shit, yet Leftists like you will keep carrying the water for the Obama regime in a pathetic attempt to take the President down.

The truth is out there.  It will emerge.  So far it's looking better for Trump.

Offline Victoria33

Can you show me where it is illegal for a private citizen to contact Russia? Can you show me evidence that Trump contacted Russia illegally?
@Frank Cannon

It is not illegal to talk to Russians, however the NSA is going to collect that since they monitor Russian communications.  If you don't want to be "collected", don't talk to Russians.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Frank Cannon

It is not illegal to talk to Russians, however the NSA is going to collect that since they monitor Russian communications.  If you don't want to be "collected", don't talk to Russians.

That's a pretty pathetic answer.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Restored

IMO they were trying to find something to use against him.  Something to kill his campaign and allow Hillary to walk into the White House.

That is not only a distinct possibility but I would bet on it.  Obama is pure evil and he hasn't given up.

Offline DiogenesLamp

@don-o
@r9etb

Sorta reminds me of that old adage,   "If you have nothing to hide,  you shouldn't fear being searched."   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The truth is out there.  It will emerge.  So far it's looking better for Trump.

Oh my goodness!   You mean to tell me that "Damn Fool"  is winning again?
|
|
|
|
V
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Please read this article in full @Victoria33 the link is included.   Russia, apparently, had nothing to do with the surveillance. 

Trump feels 'somewhat' vindicated after Nunes intel briefing
AP, Mar 22, 2017, JULIE PACE and DEB RIECHMANN

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Communications of Donald Trump's transition officials - possibly including the incoming president himself - may have been scooped up in legal surveillance but then improperly distributed throughout the intelligence community, the chairman of the House intelligence committee said Wednesday.

In an extraordinary set of statements to reporters, Republican Rep. Devin Nunes said the intercepted communications do not appear to be related to the ongoing FBI investigation into Trump associates' contacts with Russia or any criminal warrants.

Nunes, who served on Trump's transition team, said he believes the intelligence collections were done legally but that identities of Trump officials and the content of their communications may have been inappropriately disseminated in intelligence reports.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_RUSSIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-03-22-15-59-08

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
In a word - no.

That is indeed a word, but it is the wrong word.

Offline r9etb

Yes, but you're having to work extraordinarily hard to miss a couple of pretty basic points.

First, if @Victoria33's "incidental information" scenario is correct, then the Russians in question were already under surveillance.  The "incidental information" would have arisen if and when these Russians were in contact with Trump's team, no matter who called whom. 

Law enforcement involvement for such incidental information only comes into play if the contacts between Russians and Trump's team included some sort of illegal activity.  They could have talked about the weather, in which case no problem; or they could have talked about a bribe -- in which case, as I noted above, the FBI is obligated by law to pass on the information to the relevant law enforcement agencies. 

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Frank Cannon

"If you have nothing to hide,  don't fear a search."

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@r9etb

Cmon man you're better then that.   It doesn't matter how the information was obtained.  The sheer fact they were monitoring a Presidential candidate in the months leading up to an election is a massive issue.  The specific mode/method of surveillance is inconsequential.

I agree and people who don't are just trying to deflect from what happened.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nor should he.  Heads should (figuratively, of course) roll over this.

I can't wait for Comey to turn on other people to try and save his own skin.  It should be fun.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Read  up on "reverse targeting" *(illegal) in my 54 above. Incidental is supposed to be destroyed. Obama set the table for this by a large increase in the number of agencies who get a look at data that has been collected. Basically assured that some leakers could be counted on.

Obama is not gone.  He is still seriously funded by Soros (whose plane did he take to Hawaii).  He is still working hard to restore the power that he so unexpectedly lost.

I would not put anything past him.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
@Frank Cannon

But of course. One of our most cherished principles...guilty until proved innocent.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Its pretty clear some folks have an emotional stake in being 'right' about Trump to the point that their comments are beginning to border on ludicrous.

Earlier last year those people were pretty much on the Trump side. Not so anymore.

I know.  It even affects their mental states to the point that they make personal enemies out of former friends.  I know this to my sorrow.  Well, it was sorrow.  I don't give a slit anymore.

Offline skeeter

@don-o
@r9etb

Given it was the opposition's candidate for president who was the "incidental" subject leaked upon (via all of the tools at the disposal of the Obama administration) don't you think there is even a teensy weensie chance that an intent to "leak" might've had something to do with the "collecting" in the first place?

My cerebral cortex may not be high powered, but it can put two and two together.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:24:11 pm by skeeter »

Offline r9etb

I agree and people who don't are just trying to deflect from what happened.

If you want to talk about "what happened," it's probably best to read what Nunes actually said:

He said that "additional names" of Trump transition officials had been unmasked in the intelligence reports and indicated that Trump's communications may have been swept up as well.

The intelligence collected has nothing to do with Russia or the investigation into Moscow’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election, according to Nunes.

"I want to be clear — none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team,” Nunes said.

The congressman said he had viewed dozens of documents showing that the information had been incidentally collected. He said that he believes the information was all collected legally.

So.... what is it, exactly, that we're supposed to be "deflecting from?"

If there's "wide dissemination" it suggests that perhaps there's an investigation into criminal activities that has nothing to do with the Russians.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

Bullshit. Russia isn't on the terrorist watch list. As a matter of fact either is Israel, Britain or some US states where Obama and his goons were randomly spying on Americans just for shits and giggles. All this is fine with you though because after all you hate Trump and your irrational rage shouldn't be tethered by constitutional rights or not having the Federal Govt' spying on Americans for no GD good reason.

Offline Frank Cannon

But of course. One of our most cherished principles...guilty until proved innocent.

Only to the knuckle dragging NeverTrumps. On the other hand these same people who are all for wire taps to "protect the country" are against the wall being built and Donny's EO on foreign nationals coming from terrorist states because its mean.