Author Topic: Exclusive — Rand Paul: ‘Easily 35 No Votes’ Against Paul Ryan’s Obamacare 2.0, ‘I Would Predict They Pull Bill, Start Over’  (Read 7684 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
by Matthew Boyle21 Mar 2017Washington, D.C. 3,308

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) told Breitbart News exclusively on Tuesday afternoon that he expects House Speaker Paul Ryan will be forced to pull the American Health Care Act (AHCA) before a scheduled Thursday vote because Ryan will not get the votes to pass the legislation.

The AHCA has been dubbed “Obamacare Lite” by Paul — a leading conservative critic of the plan — and by other conservatives as “RyanCare,” “RINO-Care,” and “Obamacare 2.0,” since the bill does not actually fully repeal Obamacare and keeps many of the main structures that the now-former President Barack Obama installed in the healthcare system. It has come under intense scrutiny from both sides of the Republican Party — moderates and conservatives are lining up against the bill — and Ryan, despite publicly projecting confidence, cannot find the necessary 216 votes to pass the legislation.

more
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/21/exclusive-rand-paul-easily-35-no-votes-paul-ryans-obamacare-2-0-predict-pull-bill-start/
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:26:33 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Ryan will keep tweaking this failure until he gets enough votes at Trump's insistence, no different than what obummer/Pelosi did in 2010 with the Blue Dogs and with the same disastrous results electorally for the GOP as it was for the dems the following Election (2012). IMHO
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

With what seems to be a disaster in the making for the GOPe, I can only hope that our 3 senators with backbone, namely; Cruz, Lee and Paul are considering giving the Senate a middle finger salute and join with the Constitution Party ... there are a handful of Congressmen that I hope are considering doing the same.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"Tweak", my butt!

They've had a good SEVEN (7) YEARS to have planned a way out of this.

Don't blame President Trump for this premature 'baby'.   He wants it GONE and he wants interstate shopping, with soup to nuts assortment of plans.   YESTERDAY!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

"Tweak", my butt!

Don't blame President Trump for this premature 'baby'.   He wants it GONE and he wants interstate shopping, with soup to nuts assortment of plans.   YESTERDAY!

After 7 years, all we got was this lousy tweak...

Offline DCPatriot

After 7 years, all we got was this lousy tweak...

I'm telling you.

Those lobbyists....they're damned good, aren't they?   Like freaking kryptonite.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

I'm hoping that it won't make it out of the House and they have to REPEAL.

Here’s CBS News’ list of the House Republicans who at this moment say they cannot support the bill in its current form. Republicans need 216 votes to win passage in the House. They can lose no more than 21. If they lose 22, there would likely be a 215 to 215 tie, which means the bill would fail.

Justin Amash, R-Mich.
    Lou Barletta, R-Penn.
    Dave Brat, R-Va.
    Mo Brooks, R-Ala.
    Rod Blum, R-Ia
    Ted Budd, R-N.C.
    Rick Crawford, R-Ark.
    Rep. Warren Davidson, R-Ohio
    Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa.
    Tom Garrett, R-Va.
    Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Tx.
    Paul Gosar, R-Az.
    Walter Jones, R-N.C.
    Jim Jordan, R-Ohio 
    John Katko, R-N.J.
    Raul Labrador, R-Idaho
    Leonard Lance, R-N.J.
    Thomas Massie, R-Ky.
    Mark Meadows, R-N.C.
    Scott Perry, R-Pa.
    Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fl.
    Glenn Thompson, R-Pa.
    Robert Wittman, R-Va. :
    Ted Yoho, R-Fl. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-health-care-bill-will-it-pass-the-whip-count/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:13:56 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
   Ryan will keep tweaking this failure until he gets enough votes at Trump's insistence, no different than what obummer/Pelosi did in 2010 with the Blue Dogs and with the same disastrous results electorally for the GOP as it was for the dems the following Election (2012). IMHO

Electoral disaster will be the results if the "freedom caucus" conservatives conspire with Dems to keep ObamaCare and its job-killing mandates in place.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The votes don't exist for repeal, and never will.  It's the ACHA or keep ObamaCare.  And the GOP will own the consequences either way. 

Since bipartisanship is dead,  the only legislation the GOP will be able to pass is legislation that can unite the entire GOP caucus.   Come 2018,  it won't be able to pass anything at all.     
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:22:41 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline jpsb

I'm telling you.

Those lobbyists....they're damned good, aren't they?   Like freaking kryptonite.

Trump is making a big mistake siding with Ryan, he should be siding with Rand Paul.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I like Rand Paul, but politics is the art of the possible.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When a House bill goes to the Senate, isn't there a conference to reconcile the differences between the two Houses?

Why isn't this in play?

Offline DCPatriot

I like Rand Paul, but politics is the art of the possible.

@jpsb is right. 

Paul represents asking for the moon......President Trump's modus operandi in any negotiation.

Offline libertybele

Electoral disaster will be the results if the "freedom caucus" conservatives conspire with Dems to keep ObamaCare and its job-killing mandates in place.

No one is conspiring with the DEMS to keep Bammycare ... they are against it because it doesn't REPEAL!!  Also the provision for immigration has been left in.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When a House bill goes to the Senate, isn't there a conference to reconcile the differences between the two Houses?

Why isn't this in play?

It is!  But they have to get the crap sandwich Ryan is selling through the house first.  If I was in the house there is NO Way I vote for it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Why isn't this in play?

It is my understanding that when the House was drafting this bill Rand wasn't even let in ... the House knew damn well that they weren't repealing but tweaking.  I see it as the House saying to the American people ... see we tried passing an improved bill, but the Senate (which has more DEMS) failed to pass it.  Ryan should NOT be trusted.  His speech after Trump was elected claiming that now was their chance to finally do something and make history because they have the majority was bunk ... they've had the majority!   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:20:07 pm by libertybele »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here’s CBS News’ list of the House Republicans who at this moment say they cannot support the bill in its current form. Republicans need 216 votes to win passage in the House. They can lose no more than 21. If they lose 22, there would likely be a 215 to 215 tie, which means the bill would fail.

Justin Amash, R-Mich.
    Lou Barletta, R-Penn.
    Dave Brat, R-Va.
    Mo Brooks, R-Ala.
    Rod Blum, R-Ia
    Ted Budd, R-N.C.
    Rick Crawford, R-Ark.
    Rep. Warren Davidson, R-Ohio
    Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa.
    Tom Garrett, R-Va.
    Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Tx.
    Paul Gosar, R-Az.
    Walter Jones, R-N.C.
    Jim Jordan, R-Ohio 
    John Katko, R-N.J.
    Raul Labrador, R-Idaho
    Leonard Lance, R-N.J.
    Thomas Massie, R-Ky.
    Mark Meadows, R-N.C.
    Scott Perry, R-Pa.
    Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, R-Fl.
    Glenn Thompson, R-Pa.
    Robert Wittman, R-Va. :
    Ted Yoho, R-Fl. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-health-care-bill-will-it-pass-the-whip-count/
Am disappointed more Texans are not on this list, but at least my congressman is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

It is my understand that when the House was drafting this bill Rand wasn't even let in ...

That's not unusual @libertybele ... reconciliation between the House and the Senate comes after passage of the bill.

It is!  But they have to get the crap sandwich Ryan is selling through the house first.  If I was in the house there is NO Way I vote for it!

Well, then it looks like any change to Obamacare will die here and now.    :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, then it looks like any change to Obamacare will die here and now.    :shrug:

That's what they would have you believe! I'm not buying it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

That's what they would have you believe! I'm not buying it!

Why?  (Serious question @Bigun )

Offline libertybele

I think we should all be calling or e-mailing Ryan's office and our congressmen and demand that they vote NO!

Silver Pines

"Tweak", my butt!

@DCPatriot

Right!  Which is why he's, quote, "behind it 100%" and is actively pushing it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Why?  (Serious question @Bigun )

If this get's voted down (it won't! Ryan will pull it down before he sees that happen) they WILL be back with a much better bill.  Paul Ryan is trying to insist that they have to play by democrat imposed rules! They don't!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 01:28:05 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

If this get's voted down (it won't! Ryan will pull it down before he sees that happen) they WILL be back with a much better bill.  Paul Ryan is trying to insist that they have to play by democrat imposed rules! They don't!

Okay, let's say round II simply repeals Obamacare.  What happens to those who have (admittedly awful) coverage through the Plan?  Do you seriously think the Democrats will work to quickly fill the void?

What makes you think the Republicans will propose something quickly?  These guys can't agree on where the men's room is.