Author Topic: Trump signs NASA bill, ponders sending Congress to space  (Read 1058 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Trump signs NASA bill, ponders sending Congress to space
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:26:02 pm »

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump signed legislation Tuesday adding human exploration of Mars to NASA’s mission. Could sending Congress into space be next?

Flanked at an Oval Office bill-signing ceremony by astronauts and lawmakers, Trump observed that being an astronaut is a “pretty tough job.” He said he wasn’t sure he’d want it and, among lawmakers he put the question to, Sen. Ted Cruz said he wouldn’t want to be a space traveler, either.

But Cruz, R-Texas, offered up a tantalizing suggestion. “You could send Congress to space,” he said to laughter, including from the president.

Trump, who faces a crucial House vote later this week on legislation long promised by Republicans to overhaul the Obama-era Affordable Care Act health law, readily agreed. The health care bill is facing resistance from some conservative members of the party.

“What a great idea that could be,” Trump said, before turning back to the space exploration measure sponsored by Cruz and Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.

The new law authorizes $19.5 billion in spending for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration for the budget year that began Oct. 1. Cruz said the authorization bill is the first for the space agency in seven years, and he called it a “terrific” achievement.

Trump last week sent Congress a budget proposal that seeks $19.1 billion in spending authorization for the agency next year.

“For almost six decades, NASA’s work has inspired millions and millions of Americans to imagine distant worlds and a better future right here on earth,” Trump said. “I’m delighted to sign this bill. It’s been a long time since a bill like this has been signed, reaffirming our commitment to the core mission of NASA: human space exploration, space science and technology.”

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2017/03/trump-signs-nasa-bill-ponders-sending.html
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump signs NASA bill, ponders sending Congress to space
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 11:27:12 pm »
Kudos to Trump.. Well, the left is going ape-s**t over it. Mainly cause Trump stopped the stupid Mission to Earth crap.

Space Ping! PM me if you want on or off the list..

@Oceander
@Sanguine
@Cripplecreek
@Freya
@EC
@Joe Wooten
@r9etb
@Just_Victor
@montanajoe
@Ghost Bear
@Free Vulcan
@Idaho_Cowboy
@geronl
@Scutter   
@Elderberry
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer
@bigheadfred
@Victoria33
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@sneakypete

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:28:57 pm »
Awesome.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 11:38:55 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 12:01:06 am »
One thing I just don't get about liberals. Even those who do want space exploration are fixated on the idea of saving earth first, end war, poverty, and hunger.

In reality we can never fix those things but we can alleviate them by expanding beyond the limits of earth.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 12:03:01 am »
One thing I just don't get about liberals. Even those who do want space exploration are fixated on the idea of saving earth first, end war, poverty, and hunger.

In reality we can never fix those things but we can alleviate them by expanding beyond the limits of earth.

When they say Earth first then explore the stars, they really don't support human space exploration.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:03:51 am by kevindavis »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 12:26:36 am »

Space exploration encourages people to dream. Dreaming leads to thinking. Thinking is a pernicious habit which, once started, is difficult to stop. Uncontrolled thought is dangerous to Liberalism.

Therefore, promise them dreams and never follow through, using the excuse of "fixing here first." Throw a sop to the people once in a while by letting them digest someone else's dream in technicolor and surroundsound.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 08:03:39 am »

Well, the more you fund something, the more you get. Poverty and hunger are no exception. They used to be somewhat self-limiting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis