Author Topic: Maddow: People disappointed by Trump story expected too much.  (Read 598 times)

Wingnut

Washington Post    - ‎4 hours ago‎   
NEW YORK - Rachel Maddow says that if people felt let down by her story about President Donald Trump's 2005 tax document it's more because of the weight of expectation than anything she did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/maddow-people-disappointed-by-trump-story-expected-too-much/2017/03/15/a96360fe-09dd-11e7-bd19-fd3afa0f7e2a_story.html

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Maddow: People disappointed by Trump story expected too much.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:15:57 am »
Rachel Maddow says that if people felt let down by her story about President Donald Trump's 2005 tax document it's more because of the weight of expectation than anything she did.

I wonder who built up expectations over non stories like Donny's taxes and the Russian bullshit? Oh yeah. It was you Rache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm4_QGJGjPI

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 12:08:51 pm »
Translation:

"It's all you people's fault for falling for my hype."
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:36:47 pm »
They all do it. Megyn Kelly was one of the worst at it. She'd tease a story at the opening of the show, and keep teasing it until several commercial breaks ensued.

Didn't take me long to get wise to the scam. That's why I don't watch cable news anymore. They're worse than your typical informercials.

Only show I watch regularly is Kennedy, but she's not a tease like everyone else.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 02:02:49 pm »
Another line they all use is, After the break. And it doesn't mean anything. Judge Napolitano will join us, after the break. That does not mean after this set of commercials, it has a more generic meaning. So, technically they are correct. Even if judge Napolitano shows up 30 minutes later, theoretically, it is 'after the break'.

All the news shows play games to string viewers along as long as possible. That's why if I hear a tease that interests me, I bypass the news and immediately Google it. After that, it doesn't matter how long they draw it out.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 02:03:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 04:48:21 pm »
Rachel Maddow says that if people felt let down by her story about President Donald Trump's 2005 tax document it's more because of the weight of expectation than anything she did.

I wonder who built up expectations over non stories like Donny's taxes and the Russian bullshit? Oh yeah. It was you Rache.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm4_QGJGjPI

This video is a thing of beauty @Frank Cannon    :laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »
That's why if I hear a tease that interests me, I bypass the news and immediately Google it. After that, it doesn't matter how long they draw it out.

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one.

I will admit the UK news isn't as bad as all that yet though. Fewer ads, so they can't really pull that effectively.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink