Author Topic: America must be united to win wars  (Read 329 times)

rangerrebew

America must be united to win wars
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:43:44 am »
America must be united to win wars
Armies don’t fight wars; societies do, through guidance, resources and support

by RallyPoint

By Major ML Cavanaugh
RallyPoint

“I don’t want to go! It’s not for me!”

This past holiday season brought the annual war over religious service attendance. Our inter- and multi-faith loved ones squabbled over the need to go, together, to this annual social tradition. It was a typical scene—our family’s certainly not the only one in which congregational conflict has become common. Sociologists tell us that generational norms are shifting with the rise of the Millennials, and participation in religious community events has fallen, sharply. Martin Luther King Jr. once noted that Sunday’s church hour was America’s “most segregated”—today, for many struggling to cope with this social trend, Sunday has become the family’s most separate hour.

https://www.military1.com/military-lifestyle/article/1709429014-america-must-be-united-to-win-wars/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:44:30 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: America must be united to win wars
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:47:07 am »
In his Farewell Address, George Washington said the exact same thing.  It is interesting how diversity, as practiced in the US, is just the opposite of unity.  Just a coincidence, I'm sure. :3:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:45 am »
So Trump will get us into a war and then anyone speaking against the war will be part of the fifth column and angrily denounced by "conservatives". Just like the Iraq war.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:59:53 am »
Title and premise:
"America must be united to win wars"

If that's true, we're not gonna be winning any more of 'em...  (sigh)