Author Topic: Ted Cruz calls rising premiums 'most troubling aspect' of scathing CBO health care report  (Read 1001 times)

Silver Pines

Ted Cruz calls rising premiums 'most troubling aspect' of scathing CBO health care report

By Katie Leslie
March 14, 2017

WASHINGTON — Sen. Ted Cruz is weighing in on the Congressional Budget Office’s damning assessment of the GOP’s health care bill, telling reporters that the “most troubling aspect” of the report is a forecast for rising insurance premiums.

“This is not the mandate that we were elected to fulfill,” he said Tuesday, a day after the CBO report was released. “The test of success will be a year from now, two years from now, three years from now: Is health care more affordable?”

The Texan who made his name opposing Obamacare is now openly calling for changes to the American Health Care Act unveiled by House Speaker Paul Ryan and Republican leaders last week.

Cruz spoke with President Donald Trump on Tuesday about the GOP's efforts to dismantle Obamacare and is expected to meet with administration officials Tuesday afternoon, Cruz aides confirmed.

Read more at:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2017/03/14/sen-ted-cruz-forecast-rising-premiums-troubling-aspect-scathing-cbo-health-care-report

Offline LonestarDream

Thanks for posting.  Glad to see Cruz pushing the administration in the right direction.

ANYTHING is better than current track of Obamacare, including shear implosion. 
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Silver Pines

Yes, if they refuse to repeal it as promised, then let it implode.   

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I trust Cruz. Let him fix it.

Offline LonestarDream

I trust Cruz. Let him fix it.

The right tone is for Cruz , Mike Lee, Cotton, Pence , Trump the Study committee to keep working until we are on a track for premiums to come down.

Or cut off the funding and let implode, but be prepared for the 'single payer' backlash....

Offline libertybele

The right tone is for Cruz , Mike Lee, Cotton, Pence , Trump the Study committee to keep working until we are on a track for premiums to come down.

Or cut off the funding and let implode, but be prepared for the 'single payer' backlash....

I thought Pence as VP of the Senate had some pull through 'reconciliation' ... I really haven't heard anything from Pence other than backing Ryan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Looks like the Prez is turning to Cruz for help.  Cruz cannot fold on this one it would do quite a bit of damage to his career.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-obamacare/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LonestarDream

Agree, disappointing.  ALL of our team shares the blame and credit for whatever happens....

I thought Pence as VP of the Senate had some pull through 'reconciliation' ... I really haven't heard anything from Pence other than backing Ryan.

Silver Pines

Agree, disappointing.  ALL of our team shares the blame and credit for whatever happens....

Mark Levin interviewed Mike Pence earlier tonight.  Daniel Horowitz had some comments on Twitter:

Daniel Horowitz‏ @RMConservative  2h2 hours ago
More
 Pence keeps talking about Medicaid and ind/ mandate but won't talk about insurance regs. Then he says they are cutting prices. How?

More
 Levin telling Pence that he himself has the power to decide budget reconciliation rules! The Great One!

Nicolas Paul‏ @NPaulMedia  2h2 hours ago
And he quickly changed the subject

Daniel Horowitz‏ @RMConservative
Very sad to listen to @VP mislead @marklevinshow's audience. talks about free market, nothing about it gets rid of it.

Online DB

Looks like the Prez is turning to Cruz for help.  Cruz cannot fold on this one it would do quite a bit of damage to his career.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-obamacare/

Well Trump demands unicorns and you expect Cruz to wave his wand and make it happen? And if he can't do it it is Cruz' fault?

Trump demands coverage of preexisting conditions which pretty much poisons the well from the get-go. Then add to that Trump demands that the "25% who can't afford health insurance" are going to be covered by government. Well if that latter happens the people who do pay for their coverage have to pay for theirs and the others that "can't afford" it.

Offline libertybele

Well Trump demands unicorns and you expect Cruz to wave his wand and make it happen? And if he can't do it it is Cruz' fault?

Trump demands coverage of preexisting conditions which pretty much poisons the well from the get-go. Then add to that Trump demands that the "25% who can't afford health insurance" are going to be covered by government. Well if that latter happens the people who do pay for their coverage have to pay for theirs and the others that "can't afford" it.

??? What are you talking about?  I didn't say anything about Cruz being at fault?  Where are you getting that from?  What was meant by my comments is that Trump is hoping that Cruz will get on board with the current plan...I'm hoping Cruz stands his ground.

Online DB

??? What are you talking about?  I didn't say anything about Cruz being at fault?  Where are you getting that from?  What was meant by my comments is that Trump is hoping that Cruz will get on board with the current plan...I'm hoping Cruz stands his ground.

I got it from "Cruz cannot fold on this one it would do quite a bit of damage to his career." and took it to mean Trump was making it Cruz's problem but where Trump set the ground rules. If that isn't what you meant then I misinterpreted it.

Offline libertybele

I got it from "Cruz cannot fold on this one it would do quite a bit of damage to his career." and took it to mean Trump was making it Cruz's problem but where Trump set the ground rules. If that isn't what you meant then I misinterpreted it.

He's looking for Cruz's support; which is much, much needed.  Cruz needs to stand his ground on this.

Offline Idiot

He's looking for Cruz's support; which is much, much needed.  Cruz needs to stand his ground on this.
I didn't see a thread about this, but Lou Dobbs tonight on FoxBusiness ripped Ryan a new one.  He was demanding that Ryan step down as Speaker. 

Offline corbe

Sen.Cruz read the Art of the Deal

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LonestarDream

Pence may turn out not to be the fighter that Cruz and Trump are.

Not being provocative , just honest observation.

Mark Levin interviewed Mike Pence earlier tonight.  Daniel Horowitz had some comments on Twitter:

More
 Pence keeps talking about Medicaid and ind/ mandate but won't talk about insurance regs. Then he says they are cutting prices. How?

More
 Levin telling Pence that he himself has the power to decide budget reconciliation rules! The Great One!

Nicolas Paul‏ @NPaulMedia  2h2 hours ago
And he quickly changed the subject

Daniel Horowitz‏ @RMConservative
Very sad to listen to @VP mislead @marklevinshow's audience. talks about free market, nothing about it gets rid of it.