Author Topic: WH: We’re working on ‘manager’s amendment’ to healthcare bill  (Read 520 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH: We’re working on ‘manager’s amendment’ to healthcare bill
By Ben Kamisar - 03/14/17 03:06 PM EDT

The White House on Tuesday said it is working with House leadership on changes to the Obamacare repeal bill in the form of a “manager’s amendment,” which could alter the bill before it hits the House floor.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said during the daily press briefing that the Trump administration is working with House GOP leaders ahead of a potential floor vote.

"As we have noted multiple times from the podium, when people have ideas that are constructive or supportive, or ones we’ve heard about from different members we’ve engaged with … we’ve always stated a willingness," he said.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/323933-wh-were-working-on-managers-amendment-to-healthcare-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: WH: We’re working on ‘manager’s amendment’ to healthcare bill
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 07:49:43 pm »
Repeal it, dammit!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:34:01 pm »
Repeal it, dammit!

They wouldn't have to jump through so many hoops if they'd just do what you suggested.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »
Repeal first we can replace later if needed.

CBO: Full Repeal Would Cover More People than House GOP’s ObamaCare-Lite Bill
https://www.cato.org/blog/cbo-more-lose-coverage-under-obamacare-lite-full-repeal
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »
Repeal first we can replace later if needed.

CBO: Full Repeal Would Cover More People than House GOP’s ObamaCare-Lite Bill
https://www.cato.org/blog/cbo-more-lose-coverage-under-obamacare-lite-full-repeal

:amen:  :amen: and   :amen:.  Repeal it right down to the last period of the last sentence because THAT is what you promised us you would  do!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:56:05 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 09:27:51 pm »
:amen:  :amen: and   :amen:.  Repeal it right down to the last period of the last sentence because THAT is what you promised us you would  do!
I haven't looked lately, but prior the election over 50% of Americans said they wanted repealed according to the polling. It's not like this is the unpopular move the pantywaists in the beltway think it is.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 09:31:29 pm »
I haven't looked lately, but prior the election over 50% of Americans said they wanted repealed according to the polling. It's not like this is the unpopular move the pantywaists in the beltway think it is.

But it IS very unpopular with their K Street masters and that is all they give a damn about.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien