Author Topic: Democrats announce bill to revoke Trump’s ‘extreme vetting’ order  (Read 647 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Democrats announce bill to revoke Trump’s ‘extreme vetting’ order
Washington Times, Mar 13, 2017, Stephen Dinan

Senate Democrats announced a bill Monday to revoke President Trump’s latest extreme vetting executive order, saying it’s discriminatory and counterproductive to the country’s efforts to influence allies.

Led by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, the new bill is succinct — it cancels the March 6 order that suspends the refugee program and puts a 90-day halt on most admissions from six Middle East and African countries.

“President Trump’s discriminatory executive order isn’t about strengthening our national security. It’s a transparent effort to fulfill his campaign promise to implement a ‘Muslim Ban,’” Mrs. Feinstein said in a statement.

She was joined in sponsoring the legislation by three dozen other members of the Senate Democratic Caucus.

Mr. Trump’s original extreme vetting order, issued Jan. 27, met with resistance from federal courts, which halted most of its provisions.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/13/democrats-announce-bill-revoke-trumps-extreme-vett/

Offline DiogenesLamp

Kabuki theater.   They have no ability to pass anything through congress,  let alone override a veto. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Kabuki theater.   They have no ability to pass anything through congress,  let alone override a veto.

But they sure are letting us all know what side they're on.

Wingnut

Like they have a vote(s) in the mater that counts.

Petulant children with a bad attitude.

Offline DiogenesLamp

But they sure are letting us all know what side they're on.

Would that our side had the guts enough to do that. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Would that our side had the guts enough to do that.

I think on the issue of extreme vetting they stand with the POTUS and American people @DiogenesLamp --- I'm almost afraid to ask:  Have I missed GOP dissenters on the new EO?

Offline DiogenesLamp

I think on the issue of extreme vetting they stand with the POTUS and American people @DiogenesLamp --- I'm almost afraid to ask:  Have I missed GOP dissenters on the new EO?

I'm trying to grasp what you are asking.   I think you are asking me if I am a dissenter on Trump's extreme vetting.   I am not.   What I meant by my comment is that  Democrats have more guts in supporting what they want even when it is not popular, than does our side.   

Our side just gives up instead of putting up a fight,  and I am long past tired of it.   

— Lord Melbourne —