Author Topic: Sen. Cotton Warns GOP, You’re Putting the House Majority ‘At Risk Next Year’  (Read 599 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Cotton Warns GOP, You’re Putting the House Majority ‘At Risk Next Year’
By Susan Jones | March 13, 2017 | 5:37 AM EDT

(CNSNews.com) –As it's written today, the House repeal-and-replace bill cannot pass the Senate,” Sen. Tom Cotton told ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday.

“So, I would say to my friends in the House of Representatives with whom I serve, do not walk the plank and vote for a bill that cannot pass the Senate and then have to face the consequences of that vote.

“I'm afraid that if they vote for this bill, they're going to put the House majority at risk next year. And we have majorities in the House and the Senate and the White House, not only to repeal Obamacare and get healthcare reform right, but to reform our taxes and our regulations and build up our military and to accomplish many other things.

more
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/sen-cotton-warns-gop-youre-putting-house-majority-risk-next-year
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

Here we are yet again, with the GOP having to be read this same riot act.  They.  Never.  Learn.  They will never do anything different than they're doing now. 

If there's a cataclysmic loss in 2018, I don't really care.  Look at what they're good for. 

Offline bilo

Here we are yet again, with the GOP having to be read this same riot act.  They.  Never.  Learn.  They will never do anything different than they're doing now. 

If there's a cataclysmic loss in 2018, I don't really care.  Look at what they're good for.

I really like Sen. Cotton. He "gets it". I love the way he confronted schumer earlier this year for lying about confirmation votes and now he recognizes that if after 7yrs of telling us they would repeal obamacare on day one if they don't there's no point in supporting them.

I would rather see repeal and no replacement rather than repeal and replacement with something that doesn't change anything. What happened to buying policies across State lines? What happened to deducting the cost of insurance on our individual tax returns?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Silver Pines

I really like Sen. Cotton. He "gets it". I love the way he confronted schumer earlier this year for lying about confirmation votes and now he recognizes that if after 7yrs of telling us they would repeal obamacare on day one if they don't there's no point in supporting them.

I would rather see repeal and no replacement rather than repeal and replacement with something that doesn't change anything. What happened to buying policies across State lines? What happened to deducting the cost of insurance on our individual tax returns?

@bilo

I agree, I think Cotton is a decent guy. 

I know it was stupid, but I nursed a glimmer of hope that they might live up to their promises this time, since there's nothing to stop them.  Well, except for their own uselessness and villainy.

I'm with you---repeal it like they said they would and let the free market take over.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Nothing.  No difference if you voted for Democrats or voted Republicans - the Big State/Big Brother tyranny remains - but "better managed" by the GOP than the Democrats we are told.

It's why I'm done with the GOP for good.

I'm only ever voting for third party Conservatives from now on. I'm no longer interested in "winning" when it's a losing proposition altogether to support the shell game foisted on us.

They never had any intention of repealing ObamaCare or the push to Single Payer that ObamaCare is designed to create the atmosphere for.

The GOP wants to better manage the tyranny their Democrat counterparts have imposed via treachery and deceit.

Which make the GOP complicit in all of what ObamaCare has wrought and all the suffering and misery it has created.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775