Author Topic: Trump to order government-wide review of wasteful spending  (Read 490 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Trump to order government-wide review of wasteful spending
« on: March 13, 2017, 05:39:49 pm »
President Trump will issue a new memorandum on Monday that requires every executive agency to conduct an internal review of how their funding is being abused and what changes they can pursue to operate more efficiently.

"This order requires a thorough examination of every executive department and agency, to see where money is being wasted, how services can be improved, and whether programs are truly serving American citizens," a White House official told the Washington Examiner.

The president's latest executive order marks "the beginning of the long-overdue reorganization of our federal departments and agencies, and another massive step toward making the federal government efficient, effective, and accountable to the people," the official said.

The move to increase competence and accountability across the executive branch comes the same week as the Trump administration is expected to release its federal budget, which is set to include deep budget cuts to several domestic programs and agencies. Some federal officials have said they fear the president's budget will lead to massive layoffs at the State Department and Environmental Protection Agency, among other departments.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-to-order-brgovt-wide-review-of-wasteful-spending/article/2617196
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:40:33 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump to order government-wide review of wasteful spending
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 06:07:39 pm »

The Truth is, this President is doing MORE in directions that conservatives have asked for, than anybody since/including Reagan.

Plus holding majorities in both houses, they COULD pass a budget with huge fedgov spending cuts. Budgets change priorities, by directing scarce resources.

My judgment on April 29, 2016* to go all in for Trump, base on general observations, has been fully vindicated by the policies he is following as President.

*Costa Mesa Rally, where I saw his supporters with my own eyes, and realized the media and his opponents were entirely dishonest about his movement.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Trump to order government-wide review of wasteful spending
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:09:45 pm »
He has Cruz and Pence on board.  Now to get Mike Lee and freedom caucus on board too.

The Truth is, this President is doing MORE in directions that conservatives have asked for, than anybody since/including Reagan.

Plus holding majorities in both houses, they COULD pass a budget with huge fedgov spending cuts. Budgets change priorities, by directing scarce resources.

My judgment on April 29, 2016* to go all in for Trump, base on general observations, has been fully vindicated by the policies he is following as President.

*Costa Mesa Rally, where I saw his supporters with my own eyes, and realized the media and his opponents were entirely dishonest about his movement.