Author Topic: After pledging to donate salary, Trump administration declines to release proof  (Read 10340 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/after-pledging-donate-salary-trump-declines-release-proof-n732466?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

President Donald Trump pledged to forgo a presidential salary, but as his second payday approaches, the White House is declining to say if the president has donated any of his earnings yet.

Offline montanajoe

Sigh.. Why are these simple things so hard for Trump and his administration to pull off....

Offline Applewood

Well, Trump won't release his tax returns either.  So we will just have to take his word for it. 

Offline Suppressed

Sigh.. Why are these simple things so hard for Trump and his administration to pull off....

He's a habitual liar, and habits are hard to break.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Right_in_Virginia

Deeper sigh .... maybe because the President hasn't chosen where his salary will be donated.  You know ... busy running the country and everything.

Besides, truly rich people don't focus on a monthly paycheck.  Ever.   ^-^

Wingnut

Well, this giving away other peoples money comes natural for him.  Giving his own money away.  eh, not so much.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Well, this giving away other peoples money comes natural for him.  Giving his own money away.  eh, not so much.

When has Trump given away other people's money?

Wingnut

When has Trump given away other people's money?

Gee riv don't go senile on us now.

Offline montanajoe

Deeper sigh .... maybe because the President hasn't chosen where his salary will be donated.  You know ... busy running the country and everything.

Besides, truly rich people don't focus on a monthly paycheck.  Ever.   ^-^

For those of us who don't want to sleep with the guy,,.. he is doing a piss poor job of "running the country" by any measure. The Trump administrations first hundred days as compared to any presidency in the last one hundred years has been ineffective, incompetent and inconsequential.... :shrug:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"MSNBC requested details and documentation about any salary donations from the White House, the Treasury Department and the Office of Personnel Management, which all declined to say whether Trump has donated any of his salary to date. (OPM referred questions to the White House.) "

Oh, no, MSNBC asked for something and didn't get it.  Start the impeachment process, they're got him now!
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
For those of us who don't want to sleep with the guy,,.. he is doing a piss poor job of "running the country" by any measure. The Trump administrations first hundred days as compared to any presidency in the last one hundred years has been ineffective, incompetent and inconsequential.... :shrug:

:amen:  Just a reality show.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

Not used to being held to any standards of morality or ethics.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RetBobbyMI

Who cares?  **nononono* In the words of an unpunished former government criminal: what difference at this point does it make?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Who cares?  **nononono* In the words of an unpunished former government criminal: what difference at this point does it make?

Because it's perfectly ok to behave like the last guy because they did it first.  :boring:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Sean-Spicer-Trump-Media-Donate/2017/03/14/id/778579/
Sean Spicer: Trump Will Let Media Decide Where He Donates His Salary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Sean-Spicer-Trump-Media-Donate/2017/03/14/id/778579/
Sean Spicer: Trump Will Let Media Decide Where He Donates His Salary

Well now that could get very interesting.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Because it's perfectly ok to behave like the last guy because they did it first.  :boring:

Don't worry, it will be wrong when the next guy does it.  :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He said he would. If he doesn't it's between him and his conscience. Not really anyone elses business.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He said he would. If he doesn't it's between him and his conscience. Not really anyone elses business.

Wasn't honest about donations to Veteran' groups

Won't release tax returns

WH won't say if he's donating his salary like he promised.

I see a pattern developing here.

And I'd argue that since his salary is coming form tax payer dollars it very much is our concern where it goes if he's donating it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
And I'd argue that since his salary is coming form tax payer dollars it very much is our concern where it goes if he's donating it.

Respectfully - so does your salary, so do I get to know what you spend your money on and where you donate to?

No - I don't. It's yours, you earned it, you dispose of it as you see fit and proper. Same for Trump and the presidential salary.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

He's president. That makes it my business.

There is a clear pattern of dishonesty and I won't shrug it off. He portrays himself as some kind of great philanthropist but more often than not, whether he actually donated is questionable.

When he rented to Kadaffy first he claimed he didn't know. Then he said he would donate the money. Then he said it was all part of his brilliant plan to rip off Kadaffy and donate the money to charity. When the focus shifted to what charity the money went to it was another round of shifting excuses of why he couldn't prove it.

Its like watching this crap over and over again every day while the rubes keep falling for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZpkBkDa7gI
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 02:17:01 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Respectfully - so does your salary, so do I get to know what you spend your money on and where you donate to?

I pay taxes as well...so when you think about it...I'm funding my own pay check.

I donate to the Combined Federal Campaign with a donation to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund and to Army Emergency Relief every year.

There...it's really that easy when you don't have something to hide.

No - I don't. It's yours, you earned it, you dispose of it as you see fit and proper. Same for Trump and the presidential salary.

I also didn't make a very public self serving statement that I was going to donate my salary to a charity either.

He did.  He obligated himself by his own words to show he's doing what he said.

It's called integrity.

Offline Cripplecreek

I pay taxes as well...so when you think about it...I'm funding my own pay check.

I donate to the Combined Federal Campaign with a donation to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund and to Army Emergency Relief every year.

There...it's really that easy when you don't have something to hide.

I also didn't make a very public self serving statement that I was going to donate my salary to a charity either.

He did.  He obligated himself by his own words to show he's doing what he said.

It's called integrity.

When a man assumes a public trust he should consider himself a public property.
-Thomas Jefferson

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
When a man assumes a public trust he should consider himself a public property.
-Thomas Jefferson

Excellent quote.