Author Topic: ACLU launches nationwide training on protest, resistance  (Read 829 times)

rangerrebew

ACLU launches nationwide training on protest, resistance
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:59:42 pm »
Mar 11, 7:01 PM EST

ACLU launches nationwide training on protest, resistance
AP Photo
AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- The American Civil Liberties Union staged a nationwide training event Saturday to make sure people are aware of their rights as protesters and urge organized, public resistance by those opposed to policies of President Donald Trump.

Organizers said the event at a sports arena on the University of Miami campus was livestreamed to locations in all 50 states. ACLU Executive Director Anthony Romero said 200,000 people had signed up to attend one of an estimated 2,000 local events.

The event, staged in town hall style, was aimed at capitalizing on numerous demonstrations since Trump's election in November and to make sure people know their rights to protest, Romero said. He said priority issues are immigration, the First Amendment free speech and religious freedom rights, civil and reproductive rights and rights of gay, lesbian and transgender people.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ACLU_RESISTANCE_TRAINING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-03-11-12-03-42
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:00:27 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: ACLU launches nationwide training on protest, resistance
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 06:22:28 pm »
Did they include a section on people's responsibilities as protestors?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 06:43:35 am »
Did they include a section on people's responsibilities as protestors?

Yes, there was one tiny paragraph that noted liberal protestors leave a huge trail of trash wherever they go due to a massive misunderstanding of the term "classless society".  And since the ACLU will be personally fined $ 1,000 per protestor for trash pickup they are asking for $ 44 billion in donations.

Offline DB

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 09:22:47 am »
Lawyers trying to create more clients...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 10:08:39 am »
Only a Liberal could be condescending enough to claim that a group of employees who are being paid by George Soros and who are being trained by the ACLU are a "Grassroots" movement. How stupid do they think we are!?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 03:50:31 pm »
Only a Liberal could be condescending enough to claim that a group of employees who are being paid by George Soros and who are being trained by the ACLU are a "Grassroots" movement. How stupid do they think we are!?

Do you really need an answer to that question?  Those on the left truly believe that those of us not their compatriots are stupid, illiterate and evil.  They've been told so incessantly, and have never actually met (or at least not paid any attention to) any non-leftists.  They are literally incapable of comprehending our views--those views are completely meaningless to them.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 08:33:52 pm »
I wonder if ACLU training includes directions to find the billion bullets Big Sis had the Post Office purchase?

Do they give them keys to the UN armored vehicles scattered around the country?

So many questions, so little time.