Author Topic: AP Trio Seems to Believe That Millions of Kids Are Heads of Households  (Read 458 times)

rangerrebew

AP Trio Seems to Believe That Millions of Kids Are Heads of Households
By Tom Blumer | March 11, 2017 | 8:35 PM EST
shares

In a dispatch accusing the Trump administration of hypocrisy in expressing pleasure over Friday's jobs report from the government's Bureau of Labor Statistics, Associated Press reporters Jill Colvin and Christopher Rugaber, with additional assistance from Jonathan Lemire, either betrayed an amazing collective level of ignorance about what a households is, or were so blinded by the need to criticize Donald Trump that they didn't see how ridiculous they made themselves and their wire service look. The trio's error, shared by their editors if such people even exist any more, is so obvious that one simply has to believe that it's the latter.

The trio's primary purpose was to go after Trump Press Secretary Sean Spicer for his tweeted and Friday Press Briefing statements that the administration is pleased that "the economy added 235,000 new jobs and the unemployment rate ticked down to 4.7 percent." In his briefing,

Spicer went further, and stated that "I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly: 'They may have been phony in the past, but it's very real now.'"

Source URL: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2017/03/11/ap-trio-seems-believe-millions-kids-are-heads-households

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
AP Trio Seems to Believe That Millions of Kids Are Heads of Households

Hey they're not alone, apparently most advertising companies and their clients believe it too! While I'm here :hijack:
I really hate ads with kids telling adults what to do because the of course kids are smarter, and everyone is smarter than men, and I absolutely detest the ads with animals freezing, starving dying, dying, starving, sick children, etc. that try to GUILT you into donating.

Does that make me a bad person?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td67kYY9mdQ

« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:00:37 pm by GtHawk »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I absolutely detest the ads with animals freezing, starving dying, dying, starving, sick children, etc. that try to GUILT you into donating.

Does that make me a bad person?

Asked that of an Oxfam guy once. They'd just put out a new ad - you know the sort, pathetic pictures and a voiceover going "just pennies a day can save a child." Asked him how many kids were condemned to death by starvation in order to make the ad. He wasn't a happy bunny about that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online goatprairie

Asked that of an Oxfam guy once. They'd just put out a new ad - you know the sort, pathetic pictures and a voiceover going "just pennies a day can save a child." Asked him how many kids were condemned to death by starvation in order to make the ad. He wasn't a happy bunny about that.
I always think of the Sally Struthers ad and Sam Kinison's bit ridiculing Sally. "C'mon Sally, hand the kid your sandwich. I know you're holding one. Give it to the kid."