Author Topic: Democrats to turn Obamacare attacks against GOP in 2018  (Read 326 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats to turn Obamacare attacks against GOP in 2018
« on: March 12, 2017, 02:20:16 pm »
 Democrats to turn Obamacare attacks against GOP in 2018

After years of playing defense, Democrats say the politics of health care have turned in their favor.

By Burgess Everett and Heather Caygle

03/12/17 07:08 AM EDT

Updated 03/12/17 09:39 AM EDT

The past four election cycles, Democrats have been battered and bruised by political attacks over Obamacare.

Now, they say, the time has finally arrived to take the fight to Republicans.

With the GOP in charge of Washington — and charging ahead with their own remake of the health care system — the Democratic Party is convinced that the politics of the ever-potent issue is shifting dramatically in their favor.

House Democrats are angling to make the GOP’s plans to reverse Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion and slash insurance subsidies the defining issue of the 2018 midterms. Some party officials privately say Democrats could ride a backlash over Obamacare repeal all the way to control of the lower chamber — and, in the Senate, stem what are expected to be heavy losses thanks to a Republican-leaning map.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/democrats-obamacare-repeal-attacks-2018-235932
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Democrats to turn Obamacare attacks against GOP in 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:14:23 pm »
They really are deluding themselves, aren't they?  If they think attempts to repeal Obamacare will catapult them into control of the House, they're insane.  If anything, GOP moderation on the repeal might get the GOPers who vote to do so primaried, but I can virtually guarantee that no one who didn't already vote for them will decide to support them due to their desires to protect Obamacare from repeal.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!