Author Topic: Most Popular Snack Food the Year You Were Born  (Read 2473 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Most Popular Snack Food the Year You Were Born
« on: March 12, 2017, 06:52:18 am »
It's a bit of a misleading title for many of us - the earliest year provided is 1960. Still a pleasant trip down memory lane, though.

Original slideshow: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/most-popular-snack-food-the-year-you-were-born/ss-AAmVZep

Deslided version: http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=html_table&u=http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/most-popular-snack-food-the-year-you-were-born/ss-AAmVZep

Small note on the second link - deslided does just what it says. Takes any web slideshow and puts it all on one page. I'd not be without it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Re: Most Popular Snack Food the Year You Were Born
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:49:01 am »
Koogles?? Whut?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:15:20 am »
Apparently there was no such thing as snack foods the year I was born. :shrug:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 03:20:30 am »
Pringles.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 03:47:43 am »
Me either. No turkish taffy, atomic fireballs, twinkies, snowballs, or cupcakes with the creme filling and the squiggles on the icing...A lot there even that I don't recall at all, a few I do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 03:57:06 am »
I was born in 1957 and snacks in our house were something you only got when there was company and it was something my mom made from scratch.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 04:02:06 am »
I was born in 1957 and snacks in our house were something you only got when there was company and it was something my mom made from scratch.
I'm a little older, but it was much the same in our house. The other stuff I mentioned were occasional treats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 04:45:28 am »
What a list of garbage. Most of the stuff I never heard of and the rest is crap except for a few chip items. This list is also dubious because what type of national treat is some effete rainbow bagel made at some specialty shop?

BTW Granola Bars were made by Satan from a recipe from Charlie Manson. Those things are true evil.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 05:11:01 am »
Oh no, now that's something entirely different, I was referring entirely to the dateline and listed snacks. My parents never took us to fast food and rarely to restaurants. My mother and grandmother baked, I have awesome memories of my grandmother taking a ball of dough and working/stretching it until it covered the dining room table in translucent thinness to make strudel. We got home baked cookies and cakes, on holidays we got Dobos Torta, yule log cakes and Napoleon.  I didn't know what store bought snack food was until I was old enough to have some money and go to the store on my own(and not let mom know what crap I bought).And no fast food til I was in high school.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 12:13:50 pm »
I'm not going to say where I am on the list but those rainbow bagels look yummy.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

geronl

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 06:11:48 am »
Ben & Jerry's has never been "America's favorite", even today they don't even average 50 cents a year from the people in this country.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 06:14:00 am »
I'm pretty sure it was beer and pretzels..