Author Topic: Top cop of Wall Street, Preet Bharara, fired after refusing Trump's call to resign  (Read 596 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Top cop of Wall Street, Preet Bharara, fired after refusing Trump's call to resign
Marty Steinberg   | @MartyCNBC1
11 Mins AgoBreaking News

Preet Bharara said Saturday he was fired "moments ago" after refusing to agree to the surprise Trump Justice Department demand that he and 45 other U.S. attorneys submit their resignations.

In a tweet, he reiterated that he did not resign his post as one of the nation's top federal prosecutors.

The afternoon announcement came less than a day after the Justice Department asked 46 holdover U.S. attorneys from the Obama administration to submit their resignations.

The Justice Department said it was not ususual for a new administration to request such resignations.

more
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/11/preet-bharara-says-he-was-fired-moments-ago.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

How dare that guy investigate Trump's friend deBlasio

Offline corbe

Also he was investigating Cuomo, probably has deep ties to the NY AG who shut down the Trump Foundation.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline montanajoe

I don't have a problem with the Trump administration getting rid of the previous administrations US Attorneys its a political appointment and standard practice to get rid of them with the changing of administrations.

Most of these guys are eyeing political office anyway and I suspect he's using this, like all politicians, to advance his own political ambitions...  :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't have a problem with the Trump administration getting rid of the previous administrations US Attorneys its a political appointment and standard practice to get rid of them with the changing of administrations.

Most of these guys are eyeing political office anyway and I suspect he's using this, like all politicians, to advance his own political ambitions...  :shrug:

Not exactly the usual thing to refuse to resign... apparently, he wanted to try and make Trump look bad.

He just made himself look bad in my opinion.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Bharara—whose office is in the end stages of an investigation of New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, about to begin the trials of two close allies of Governor Andrew Cuomo, and also appears to be investigating how Fox News

This guy was into some interesting stuff but most of it involved corruption of democrats... The Fox News thing is also interesting.

Wonder why Trump wanted him out pronto.

Think we'll find out pretty soon as Bharara has already found a microphone.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Trump threw the baby out with the bath water though.

This preet guy was going after dems hard.