Author Topic: Ohio Woman Sent to Jail for Voter Registration Fraud  (Read 940 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio Woman Sent to Jail for Voter Registration Fraud
« on: March 10, 2017, 02:51:35 pm »
BY: Andrew Kugle   
March 9, 2017 3:01 pm

An Ohio woman was sentenced this week to six months in the Columbiana County Jail after she pled guilty to committing voter registration fraud.

Rebecca Hammonds, 34, pled guilty to 14 counts of falsely registering people to vote and forging signatures on voter registration forms, according to Salem News. Hammonds was originally charged with 35 counts but took a plea deal in January.

more
http://freebeacon.com/issues/ohio-woman-sent-jail-voter-registration-fraud/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Ohio Woman Sent to Jail for Voter Registration Fraud
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »
Nothing to see here. Voter fraud doesn't happen in the US, unless it is the Russians.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »
Nothing to see here. Voter fraud doesn't happen in the US, unless it is the Russians.

You stole my line again Frank!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:05:45 pm »

I vill bdreak you.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »
@mystery-ak

She wasn't very bright - going to get caught.  Registration forms are easy to get, download them from the Secretary of State's website.  She could print as many as she wanted and fill them out, forge names.  The voter registrar in the county or counties (if she turned in forms in more than one county) would catch it.  I expect she mailed them in.  However, if she was really dumb, she actually took them to the voter registrar.  Turning in a bunch, would be a red flag to the registrar right then.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 03:25:22 pm »
@mystery-ak

OK, I've now read the article.  She is dumber than I thought.  She was authorized to register people and she had registration forms from the county, did not download them from SOS website.  Registration forms that are turned in are checked for correctness before they are added to the voter list.  I don't know how Ohio finally adds voters to the voter list, but the fake applications were caught when they were checked by the county. 

In Texas, the names are not added until the names are sent to the Secretary of State and the names checked to determine if the person is a living person, is a citizen, if the address is correct, is not a convicted criminal, etc.,  If the applicant passes those tests, the SOS contacts the county to add that person as a voter. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 03:34:43 pm »
BY: Andrew Kugle   
March 9, 2017 3:01 pm

An Ohio woman was sentenced this week to six months in the Columbiana County Jail after she pled guilty to committing voter registration fraud.

Rebecca Hammonds, 34, pled guilty to 14 counts of falsely registering people to vote and forging signatures on voter registration forms, according to Salem News. Hammonds was originally charged with 35 counts but took a plea deal in January.

more
http://freebeacon.com/issues/ohio-woman-sent-jail-voter-registration-fraud/

Upon her release, she'll go to work at the DNC to augment their voter registration efforts.

BTW, we owe the judge some thanks. The prosecutor agreed with the defense's request for probation, but the judge said probation wasn't good enough.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:36:50 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 04:57:51 pm »
@mystery-ak

OK, I've now read the article.  She is dumber than I thought.  She was authorized to register people and she had registration forms from the county, did not download them from SOS website.  Registration forms that are turned in are checked for correctness before they are added to the voter list.  I don't know how Ohio finally adds voters to the voter list, but the fake applications were caught when they were checked by the county. 

In Texas, the names are not added until the names are sent to the Secretary of State and the names checked to determine if the person is a living person, is a citizen, if the address is correct, is not a convicted criminal, etc.,  If the applicant passes those tests, the SOS contacts the county to add that person as a voter.

Victoria, if that is the case, how did the illegal in Dallas get a voter's registration card?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:58:42 pm by Sanguine »

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 05:03:03 pm »
Is that a hickey?

Refuses to return repeated request for comment.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 05:24:59 pm »
Victoria, if that is the case, how did the illegal in Dallas get a voter's registration card?
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak 

I don't know the particulars of that case so I can't say.  Much of the time what you read on the net about voter fraud, is not true as the person/people reporting doesn't/don't have all the facts and do knee jerk reporting.  Since that case you speak of was reported, it appears the person was caught.  Someone can try to circumvent the process, but he/she will likely get caught.

Case of voter fraud - or was it?
Some years ago, when our Texas Governor, Greg Abbott, was Attorney General, he prosecuted a woman for voter fraud and sent her to jail.  I thought he went overboard on this case.  An elderly sick woman was was being cared for by her daughter.  The sick woman had a mail ballot sent to her, but she died before she could fill it out.  The daughter filled it out for her mother, knowing how the mother was going to vote, and sent it in.  In Texas, when a person dies, a copy of the death certificate is mailed to the county voter registrar.  It was noted by the registrar that the woman had died before the date on the mail ballot. That was reported to the Attorney General, Gregg Abbott, and he went after the daughter and sent her to jail.  I think some of us might have done that too, carry out our mother's desire to vote for whomever. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:25:53 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 06:20:36 pm »
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak 

I will expand on what I said about reports of voter fraud. I said, "Much of the time what you read on the net about voter fraud, is not true as the person/people reporting doesn't/don't have all the facts and do knee jerk reporting."

When a voter fraud article is posted somewhere and I see it, I trace it down to find out what really happened.  Here is a case in point that has been posted over and over on the internet - it shows up on the net at every election:

The headline is something like, "Voting Machines Are Proven To Be Easily Hacked".  It is the same story over and over about two men who hacked a voting machine.  People went with that headline and what the men did to the machine and thought it was proof voting machines can't be trusted - we should get rid of them, etc..

The problem with the story is, in order to hack/change the machine, they had to actually have the machine in their possession, physically change it.  Sure, that could be done if you have the machine, but, before an election when the machines are programmed for that election, after they are checked for accuracy by the election administrator and the two party chairmen, they are locked in a room, with two locks on the door.  The election administrator has one key and the sheriff has the other key.  In an election where the sheriff is on the ballot, the county judge has the key (those two positions are never on the ballot together).

On election day, the sheriff's deputies deliver the machines to the voting precinct. then, the judge of one party and the alternate judge of the other party, check the machines to be sure they are set at 0. Every state has election laws instructing counties how they must protect their machines after they are programmed.  Their system may be different, but the effect is the same - the machines are protected.

As you can see, after programming, voting machines are not set out in the public for someone to be able to lay their hands on them to hack/change them.  Using common sense, would you place the programmed machines out in the open for anyone to handle them?  Of course not.

I guarantee you, at the next election, this article about easily hacking voting machines, will be all over the net again.  I have seen this article on the net at every election for years and people believe it every time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 06:23:09 pm »
@Sanguine
@mystery-ak 

I will expand on what I said about reports of voter fraud. I said, "Much of the time what you read on the net about voter fraud, is not true as the person/people reporting doesn't/don't have all the facts and do knee jerk reporting."

When a voter fraud article is posted somewhere and I see it, I trace it down to find out what really happened.  Here is a case in point that has been posted over and over on the internet - it shows up on the net at every election:

The headline is something like, "Voting Machines Are Proven To Be Easily Hacked".  It is the same story over and over about two men who hacked a voting machine.  People went with that headline and what the men did to the machine and thought it was proof voting machines can't be trusted - we should get rid of them, etc..

The problem with the story is, in order to hack/change the machine, they had to actually have the machine in their possession, physically change it.  Sure, that could be done if you have the machine, but, before an election when the machines are programmed for that election, after they are checked for accuracy by the election administrator and the two party chairmen, they are locked in a room, with two locks on the door.  The election administrator has one key and the sheriff has the other key.  In an election where the sheriff is on the ballot, the county judge has the key (those two positions are never on the ballot together).

On election day, the sheriff's deputies deliver the machines to the voting precinct. then, the judge of one party and the alternate judge of the other party, check the machines to be sure they are set at 0. Every state has election laws instructing counties how they must protect their machines after they are programmed.  Their system may be different, but the effect is the same - the machines are protected.

As you can see, after programming, voting machines are not set out in the public for someone to be able to lay their hands on them to hack/change them.  Using common sense, would you place the programmed machines out in the open for anyone to handle them?  Of course not.

I guarantee you, at the next election, this article about easily hacking voting machines, will be all over the net again.  I have seen this article on the net at every election for years and people believe it every time.

Victoria, I appreciate your diligence and clear thinking. I think what we are seeing is the very currently common tactic of obscuring real issues with a flood of fake news.  It becomes impossible to sort out the truth from the fake, and most people give up.