Author Topic: Florida Considers Making School Recess Mandatory  (Read 601 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Florida Considers Making School Recess Mandatory
« on: March 09, 2017, 03:57:33 am »
Florida Considers Making School Recess Mandatory

Posted at 3:30 pm on March 8, 2017 by Amelia Hamilton

I don’t want to blow your mind, but it turns out that kids need to play.

Young people are being diagnosed with Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) at ever-increasing rates, with the percentage of kids being diagnosed growing by around 50 percent from 2003-2011. While some of this can be attributed to different diagnostic criteria and higher awareness, some almost certainly has to do with the environment in which kids are asked to succeed.

Kids as young as kindergarten are being asked to sit still for up to half an hour at a time, an unreasonable amount of time for a young child. Recess is becoming shorter so, even when kids aren’t seated, they aren’t outside being wild. Being kids.

-end excerpt

http://www.redstate.com/ameliahamilton/2017/03/08/florida-considers-making-school-recess-mandatory/

I can testify about this.  When my kids were in school I volunteered.  In Elementary school,............even Kindergarten, first, second, third kids would be held from taking recess if they didn't finish the work.  Kids that small need recess.  They cannot hold that energy in and become very tired.  Even the work place is required to give workers breaks throughout the day by law.  Why would we expect our little children to be able to work straight through?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

Re: Florida Considers Making School Recess Mandatory
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 04:02:57 am »
   This certainly brings back old memories..

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 04:23:53 am »

We used to clip the suckers for their lunch money playing cards during recess back in the day.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 04:27:00 am »
   This certainly brings back old memories..

LOL. You probably had a first grader as a lookout so you could stash the bottle of Jack when the monitor was around.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:59:55 am »
Mandate play?

If a kid sits and reads will they get sent to the principals office?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 06:31:44 am »
Mandate play?

If a kid sits and reads will they get sent to the principals office?

I don't know about mandating play but giving them the opportunity to have that break with access to the outside.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:15:45 pm »
I would also mandate bringing back real food to the cafeteria-like we had back in the 1960s & 70s. Loved the sruff.  My son wont eat the crap they serve today.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn