Author Topic: FBI's Comey: 'You're stuck with me for another 6 1/2 years'  (Read 932 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI's Comey: 'You're stuck with me for another 6 1/2 years'
« on: March 09, 2017, 01:53:09 am »

Mar 8, 12:19 PM EST

FBI's Comey: 'You're stuck with me for another 6 1/2 years'

BOSTON (AP) -- FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday he plans to serve his entire 10-year term, even as controversy swirls over his attempt to rebut President Donald Trump's claim that the Obama administration tapped his phones during the election.

"You're stuck with me for another 6½ years," Comey said during a cybersecurity conference at Boston College.

Comey was appointed 3½ years ago by then-President Barack Obama.

more
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FBI_DIRECTOR?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-03-08-12-19-48
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline montanajoe

Re: FBI's Comey: 'You're stuck with me for another 6 1/2 years'
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 02:08:07 am »
Actually making the FBI directors term 10 years was a pretty good idea. Don't want one serving for life like Hoover but also don't want the term so short that it becomes nothing more than a political appointment of the current party in office...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 03:02:02 am »
Actually making the FBI directors term 10 years was a pretty good idea. Don't want one serving for life like Hoover but also don't want the term so short that it becomes nothing more than a political appointment of the current party in office...

How about six years.  That's long enough but not too long.  Comey bragging that we're stuck with him is not nice to hear.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 03:13:00 am »
If I were president this POS would soon discover how fast those 6.5 years can expire!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 03:20:50 am »
If I were president this POS would soon discover how fast those 6.5 years can expire!

What would you do?  I mean, really.  Is there any legal way to get rid of the guy?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:56 am »
What would you do?  I mean, really.  Is there any legal way to get rid of the guy?

To my knowledge the appointment is for a maximum of ten years.  As far as I  know there is no requirement that he serve the full ten years.  I believe the president can ask for his resignation at any time,
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 03:36:07 am »
How about six years.  That's long enough but not too long.  Comey bragging that we're stuck with him is not nice to hear.

No ten seems about right to me. To my way of thinking the FBI is the closest thing to a secret police that can be tolerated in a Constitutional Republic. Having a term that exceeds a president's by two years is about right. The FBI has the potential to morph into an unchecked arm of the executive branch if its director can be replaced by the current holder of the WH.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 10:35:27 am »
No ten seems about right to me. To my way of thinking the FBI is the closest thing to a secret police that can be tolerated in a Constitutional Republic. Having a term that exceeds a president's by two years is about right. The FBI has the potential to morph into an unchecked arm of the executive branch if its director can be replaced by the current holder of the WH.

These mental midgets would be happy if the FBI became just another politicized branch.