Author Topic: GOP healthcare critics invited to bowl at White House  (Read 568 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP healthcare critics invited to bowl at White House
« on: March 08, 2017, 09:58:00 pm »
GOP healthcare critics invited to bowl at White House
By Jordan Fabian and Scott Wong - 03/08/17 04:24 PM EST

The White House is hoping a night at the bowling lanes will knock down conservative opposition to its plan to repeal and replace ObamaCare.

Members of the House Freedom Caucus, which panned the White House-backed proposal, have been invited to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. next week for a pizza dinner and policy discussion at the bowling alley, according to a caucus source.

Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney, a former member of the caucus, extended the invitation to several lawmakers after meeting with them Tuesday evening.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/323026-gop-healthcare-critics-invited-to-bowl-at-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: GOP healthcare critics invited to bowl at White House
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 01:02:56 am »
Gee, what threats will get tossed around? I wonder...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 01:17:48 am »
   President Trump has had a busy day selling this remake of obamacare, or possibly, hopefully-listening, this morning Sen. Paul, then the afternoon meetings with a bunch of groups, all claiming to be Conservative and tonight, dinner with Sen. Cruz and his wife, then bowling with the Freedom Caucus, we are witnessing the Art of Deal, in real time.

It feels weird to be on the same side as the AMA and the AARP on this one, though.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 02:21:01 am »
Greasy fingers and bowling balls don't mix.

I expect mayhem to ensue.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 11:59:48 am »

It feels weird to be on the same side as the AMA and the AARP on this one, though.
Oh, make no mistake about it, we're not.

They will oppose anything that gets rid of the mandates, because those mandates are why they're getting a sweet deal and the rest of us get ripped off. We, on the other hand, oppose it because it doesn't go far enough.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024