Author Topic: Latina Students At Absurdly Expensive College: White Girls Must Stop Wearing HOOP EARRINGS Now  (Read 1077 times)

rangerrebew

Lena Dunham Getty Images/Alberto E. Rodriguez
Latina Students At Absurdly Expensive College: White Girls Must Stop Wearing HOOP EARRINGS Now
Photo of Eric Owens
Eric Owens
Education Editor
7:38 AM 03/08/2017

A group of Latina students at a ritzy private college in Southern California recently covered the exterior wall of a residence hall with a large graffiti-style message declaring: “White Girl, Take OFF your hoops!!!”

The scene of the spray-paint fracas is Pitzer College, reports the Claremont Independent, a student newspaper.

Pitzer, a member of the five-school Claremont Consortium, charges $66,192 for a single year of tuition, fees and room and board.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/08/latina-students-at-absurdly-expensive-college-white-girls-must-stop-wearing-hoop-earrings-now/#ixzz4akPZDk1R

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because, like, they invented hoops...Egyptian, note the ears.

(Byzantine, 12th century)

But there are some cultural items which appear to be the exclusive province of "brown' people.

For instance, the nariguera, which was worn attached to the nose:

(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_art)

And, until relatively recently,

Lip and ear discs:

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2786125/Documentary-crew-stumbles-largest-lip-disk-world-whopping-60cm-wide.html
Which have enjoyed some adoption in Western Culture of late (don't ask me why).

And from Burma,

Neck stretching.

Now, if those "white girls" were doing that stuff, well, shame on them for all that 'cultural appropriation'. Now, if cultural appropriation is really a problem for these ladies, I suggest they give up their car keys and stay away from white bread and pasta for starters.

Or is 'cultural appropriation' okay when they do it?

(The contents of the melting pot are a long way from becoming liquid, and this stuff raises the melting point.)

Everyone has their ideas what constitutes beauty, and over the millennia, ideas have come (and gone) within cultures, been adopted by other cultures, and the meanings have changed.

For instance an earring on a man might mean (depending on time and place and ear worn) everything from status as the last of his line, son of a widowed mother, a slave, a pirate, a pagan (as opposed to Christian), royalty, homosexuality, a 'tough guy', or a combination--or nothing in particular (in terms of social status or belief) at all, except that they could afford an earring (or their owner could).

The idea that black or brown people are the only people who could look up at the sky and conceive of a circle worn in the ear is utter cultural poppycock. These idiots demean themselves by claiming such.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

More evidence of how devoid of meaning the average Millennial is.

Offline Millee

I never knew my ears could be so triggering.   :huh?:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I never knew my ears could be so triggering.   :huh?:
(Whatever you do, don't wiggle 'em. It upsets the locals.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

I love hoop earrings and I have several pairs.  I wear them almost all the time.  I would love one of these types to tell me I need to stop wearing them.