Author Topic: Trump taps Bush administration lawyer and Cruz friend as Solicitor General  (Read 562 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Mar. 7, 2017

If Reuters’ sources are correct, Donald Trump didn’t need to reach very far to finally select his new Solicitor General. Noel Francisco has served as principal deputy Solicitor General over the past few weeks, which meant that he had the top job on an acting basis until now anyway. The Senate will have to confirm him first before Francisco can officially take the job:

President Donald Trump is to nominate Washington lawyer Noel Francisco for the position of solicitor general, the government’s top advocate before the U.S. Supreme Court, according to two sources familiar with the hiring process.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/07/trump-taps-bush-administration-lawyer-and-cruz-friend-as-solicitor-general/

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Mar. 7, 2017

If Reuters’ sources are correct, Donald Trump didn’t need to reach very far to finally select his new Solicitor General. Noel Francisco has served as principal deputy Solicitor General over the past few weeks, which meant that he had the top job on an acting basis until now anyway. The Senate will have to confirm him first before Francisco can officially take the job:

President Donald Trump is to nominate Washington lawyer Noel Francisco for the position of solicitor general, the government’s top advocate before the U.S. Supreme Court, according to two sources familiar with the hiring process.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/07/trump-taps-bush-administration-lawyer-and-cruz-friend-as-solicitor-general/

Another good choice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline endicom

Another good choice.

Looks like it.

I see that Dan "Blather" Rather is saying the Trump administration is in freefall. He'd be getting away with that line if we hadn't other sources of info.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Couldn't they come up with another term besides "Solicitor"?

Yes I know that term originated in England and it passes muster with the Queen's English, but something still seems dirty and rotten with that term.

Why not some good old American term - like law czar?

Offline Just_Victor

Yes I know that term originated in England and it passes muster with the Queen's English, but something still seems dirty and rotten with that term.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline endicom

Procurer.