Author Topic: Trump Using Mar-a-Lago As Pay for Access Scheme  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump Using Mar-a-Lago As Pay for Access Scheme
« on: March 06, 2017, 10:04:31 pm »
Trump Using Mar-a-Lago As Pay for Access Scheme

Posted at 11:00 am on March 6, 2017 by Patterico

Tim Carney at the Washington Examiner draws attention to the way Donald Trump has been personally profiting from people paying for access to him:

If you pay $200,000 a year to the company Donald Trump owns, you too can have access most weekends to the president and his top officials. As an alternative, your organization could cut a $150,000 check to bring in a couple of hundred people who will have a chance to schmooze with the president and cabinet officials. Foreign moguls and dignitaries welcome.

This isn’t Bill Clinton’s Lincoln Bedroom. This isn’t the Clinton Foundation during Hillary’s reign at the State Department. This is Mar-a-Lago.

Donald Trump, for the fourth weekend in the past five, has gone down to his Florida resort, and once again he is mingling with guests

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/03/06/trump-using-mar-lago-pay-access/

Articles go on to assess what is going on at the resort including  doubling membership due to Trump access being more expensive now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

Re: Trump Using Mar-a-Lago As Pay for Access Scheme
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:19:18 pm »
Murderer Duterte cut the middleman (killed?) and made Trumps Filipino business partner their trade envoy to DC

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:35:11 pm »
Its also a great way to sidestep those pesky White House visitor logs.

I'm sure his pets think its hilarious that they could actually get lower than the democrats.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 10:41:29 pm »
   Makes you wonder if those reports late last year about Trump 'bugging' his hotel rooms is true or not.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 10:49:15 pm »
   Makes you wonder if those reports late last year about Trump 'bugging' his hotel rooms is true or not.

You don't have to bug Trump if you have enough money you can actually listen in at the Mar-A-Lago situation room.  Which happened when Trump was conducting foreign business with the Japanese Prime Minister at Mar-A-Lago and North Korea launched Misiles.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »
You don't have to bug Trump if you have enough money you can actually listen in at the Mar-A-Lago situation room.  Which happened when Trump was conducting foreign business with the Japanese Prime Minister at Mar-A-Lago and North Korea launched Misiles.

corbe, that post was in reference to Trump possibly bugging guests in his hotels.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »
corbe, that post was in reference to Trump possibly bugging guests in his hotels.

No doubt in my mind that the Japanese Prime Minister's security detail swept their suite for listening devices.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 11:11:51 pm »
Good grief ... using Mar-a-Lago as a Pay for Acess Scheme?  Mar-A-Lago has been President Trump's home away from home.  Yet another witch hunt.  IF this President bowed and curtsied to the left and to the RINO's, guaranteed he'd be under absolutely no scrutiny.

Keep siding with the left and the RINO's instead of standing behind our President and see where it gets us! We have a super majority in Congress and the Clintons are no longer in power because of President Trump.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee while it's still brewing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 11:17:35 pm »
Good grief ... using Mar-a-Lago as a Pay for Acess Scheme?  Mar-A-Lago has been President Trump's home away from home.  Yet another witch hunt.  IF this President bowed and curtsied to the left and to the RINO's, guaranteed he'd be under absolutely no scrutiny.

Keep siding with the left and the RINO's instead of standing behind our President and see where it gets us! We have a super majority in Congress and the Clintons are no longer in power because of President Trump.  Time to wake up and smell the coffee while it's still brewing.

And good grief to you!  Mar-A-Lago is a business not only his home away from home.  Obviously you didn't read the article or you want to give Trump a stamp of approval for his pay for action scheme.  If this is actually going on it is wrong.  There is absolutely no way to separate his visits from business when he goes there.

And he has a private residence in New York.

I am no liberal.  Stop it. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:21:48 pm by Chosen Daughter »

geronl

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 11:22:02 pm »

Opposing Trump is not "siding with the left". it is completely moronic to say such a thing.

"We have a super-majority in Congress"..

No you do not, you have a majority. Barely that in the Senate.

Trump and the GOP control the federal government. Yet, Trump and his sycophants continue to sound like victims of oppression instead of acting like they won.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 11:22:32 pm »
   As long as you got that golden (R) behind your name, everything is copasetic.  Hillary really screwed up leaving her gig with the Goldwater Girls.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 11:23:42 pm »
Good grief ... using Mar-a-Lago as a Pay for Acess Scheme?

Trump has a long history of being involved in schemes and even a relationship with mafia figures. It would be perfectly in line with Trumps personality and past to use the Presidency to enrich himself further.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 11:24:29 pm »
Opposing Trump is not "siding with the left". it is completely moronic to say such a thing.

"We have a super-majority in Congress"..

No you do not, you have a majority. Barely that in the Senate.

Trump and the GOP control the federal government. Yet, Trump and his sycophants continue to sound like victims of oppression instead of acting like they won.

Yes, thank you.  And I am not opposing Trump but I do oppose any sitting President that seeks to make his office a money scheme.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 11:26:56 pm »
When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property.
- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 11:29:43 pm »
Alright. Another Red State red ass panic piece about terrible, horrible Donny. Hard to believe coming from the Evan McMuffin house organ.

geronl

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 11:32:41 pm »
When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property.
- Thomas Jefferson

Unfortunately the only people who consider themselves public property these days are young girls.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 11:41:46 pm »
quote author=Frank Cannon link=topic=252817.msg1252367#msg1252367 date=1488842983]
Alright. Another Red State red ass panic piece about terrible, horrible Donny. Hard to believe coming from the Evan McMuffin house organ.
[/quote]

Yes I did vote for McMullin.  Not Hillary.  I also have respect for people like Ben Sasse who Trumpsters also have thrown under the bus.

Nice private home huh?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:42:16 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »
And good grief to you!  Mar-A-Lago is a business not only his home away from home.  Obviously you didn't read the article or you want to give Trump a stamp of approval for his pay for action scheme.  If this is actually going on it is wrong.  There is absolutely no way to separate his visits from business when he goes there.

And he has a private residence in New York.

I am no liberal.  Stop it.

Yes, I did read the article.  Three things stand out here; first "IF" this is actually going on ... and secondly, it is not unusual for the Trumps to go to Mar-A-Lago...thirdly as I pointed out before ... the witch hunts continue. No where in my post did I directly call you a liberal nor did I suggest President Trump be given a pass.  What I did imply was the liberal leftist mental midgets, the MSM and RINO's in Congress ... are out to take our President down.  That's not an assumption; that's been vocalized by the liberals more than once.  I'd rather stand with President Trump who is trying to take this country in another direction rather than be part of those who are angry, bitter and becoming ruthless in sabotaging his Presidency because they want things to remain status quo.

IMHO if President Trump is not successful in dodging all the mud slinging from the left and he allows the left who does NOT have the majority to continually prevail we lose this country.

So far President Trump defeated Hillary.  He's nominated a conservative SCOTUS.  He's taking bids for the wall and the contract is supposed to be awarded mid April.  He's gaining control over illegal immigration and he's put a 90 day moratorium on immigration from areas of known terrorism.  The repeal and replacement of Bammycare should be announced very soon. 

Meanwhile ... the left is trying to redirect his efforts and the focus to try to tie him to the Russians, they've gone after Flynn and Sessions and now President Trump's trips to Mar-A-Lago.

Unless there is solid, unwavering concrete evidence against this President, I choose to stand with him.  If you want to join in and continue to feed us everything that is possibly negative and what I see as nothing more than a leftist witch hunt, go for it.

By the way, IF President Trump is found guilty of wrong doing, I will be the first to apologize to you and admit I was wrong.  IF indeed President Trump is found guilty of wrong doing, then we are royally screwed as Americans as the left in all their hypocrisy and wrong doing will be in complete control.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 12:04:52 am »
Yes, I did read the article.  Three things stand out here; first "IF" this is actually going on ... and secondly, it is not unusual for the Trumps to go to Mar-A-Lago...thirdly as I pointed out before ... the witch hunts continue. No where in my post did I directly call you a liberal nor did I suggest President Trump be given a pass.  What I did imply was the liberal leftist mental midgets, the MSM and RINO's in Congress ... are out to take our President down.  That's not an assumption; that's been vocalized by the liberals more than once.  I'd rather stand with President Trump who is trying to take this country in another direction rather than be part of those who are angry, bitter and becoming ruthless in sabotaging his Presidency because they want things to remain status quo.

IMHO if President Trump is not successful in dodging all the mud slinging from the left and he allows the left who does NOT have the majority to continually prevail we lose this country.

So far President Trump defeated Hillary.  He's nominated a conservative SCOTUS.  He's taking bids for the wall and the contract is supposed to be awarded mid April.  He's gaining control over illegal immigration and he's put a 90 day moratorium on immigration from areas of known terrorism.  The repeal and replacement of Bammycare should be announced very soon. 

Meanwhile ... the left is trying to redirect his efforts and the focus to try to tie him to the Russians, they've gone after Flynn and Sessions and now President Trump's trips to Mar-A-Lago.

Unless there is solid, unwavering concrete evidence against this President, I choose to stand with him.  If you want to join in and continue to feed us everything that is possibly negative and what I see as nothing more than a leftist witch hunt, go for it.

By the way, IF President Trump is found guilty of wrong doing, I will be the first to apologize to you and admit I was wrong.  IF indeed President Trump is found guilty of wrong doing, then we are royally screwed as Americans as the left in all their hypocrisy and wrong doing will be in complete control.

Everybody is the enemy.  Congressional Rhino's and liberals.  Anyone who dares to bring something to light.  I won't rehash any of the other issues being discussed because I already have put my responses to those in the appropriate threads.  I guess I am one of those Rhino's that just doesn't go along because Trump isn't Hillary.   

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 12:33:18 am »
Good Grief.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 01:11:55 am »
I wonder how much it is costing taxpayers for each time Trump goes down to Mar-a-Lago.. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 01:20:21 am »
I wonder how much it is costing taxpayers for each time Trump goes down to Mar-a-Lago..

I am sure that the left has already said.  But if a Republican was to report we would be liberal.  I don't like paying so that Trump can go and entertain the rich and famous on the taxpayer.  Making money at it too!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 01:22:46 am »
I am sure that the left has already said.  But if a Republican was to report we would be liberal.  I don't like paying so that Trump can go and entertain the rich and famous on the taxpayer.  Making money at it too!

I agree.. Especially after spending eight years bellyaching about the Obama's luxury vacation in Hawaii..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 06:59:51 am »

I agree.. Especially after spending eight years bellyaching about the Obama's luxury vacation in Hawaii..

I complained about that also.  Not just the Hawaii trips but the expensive vacations for Michele and friends.  I am not going to stop complaining if Trump is wasting money flying himself and his wife separately to Mar-A-Lago so that he can make a fortune meeting with his business guests.

What an outrage.  We flip the bill to transport Melania and Donald seperately every weekend.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:00:36 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 01:14:39 pm »