Author Topic: Physicians recommend whole food, plant-based eating patterns for optimal heart health  (Read 465 times)

rangerrebew

Physicians recommend whole food, plant-based eating patterns for optimal heart health

Download PDF Copy

March 3, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Nutrition researcher Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C., president and founder of the nonprofit Physicians Committee, is one of 12 authors of "Journal of the American College of Cardiology, which recommends whole food, plant-based eating patterns for optimal heart health.

Dr. Barnard and the cardiovascular researchers, including Andrew Freeman, M.D., Pamela Morris, M.D., Caldwell Esselstyn, M.D., Dean Ornish, M.D., and Kim Williams, M.D., reviewed the latest research behind popular food trends to create an evidence-based prescription to provide clinicians with a quick guide to relay to patients in a clinical setting.

Leafy green vegetables, berries, especially blueberries and strawberries, and plant proteins, such as lentils and beans, earn accolades for supporting cardiovascular function. They combine into a plant-based dietary pattern that lowers blood pressure, stabilizes blood sugar, and breaks down arterial plaque, the early formation of atherosclerosis. These foods should be consumed whole, compared to blended in juices or grounded into antioxidant supplements.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20170303/Physicians-recommend-whole-food-plant-based-eating-patterns-for-optimal-heart-health.aspx
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:34:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Suppressed

These foods should be consumed whole, compared to blended in juices or grounded into antioxidant supplements.

Based on what?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline uglybiker

I'll just stick with the Texas diet, thankyewverymuch.

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!