Author Topic: Do I have a problem?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Do I have a problem?
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:06:20 am »

At some point you have to ask yourself, do you have enough holsters? Naaahh what was I thinking.

Not shown is my wife's collection.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline skeeter

Re: Do I have a problem?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 01:08:42 am »
It depends how you look at it.

I think your problem is not enough roscoes.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:37:17 am »
It depends how you look at it.

I think your problem is not enough roscoes.
That was my take on the situation, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 01:42:39 am »
That was my take on the situation, too.

Make that three...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 01:43:58 am »
Problem?  Too many small calibers?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 01:44:22 am »

At some point you have to ask yourself, do you have enough holsters? Naaahh what was I thinking.

Yeah,you like little guns.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 01:45:00 am »
More variety needed. How about some drop-leg thigh holsters. And some shoulder rigs.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 01:30:58 pm »

So of those, which are your 3 favorite and why?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 05:34:07 pm »

Not shown is my wife's collection.

There's only a problem if you don't have enough guns to fit in all of them.

But if you're looking to get rid of one...I could use a good IWB holster for my .45
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 07:09:28 pm »
So of those, which are your 3 favorite and why?

When you have 7 handguns and you have outfitted each for different carry situations IWB, OWB, and even Pocket Carry, finding yourself with a drawer full of holsters is easy to do. Then you have better holsters coming out every Shot Show. I probably donated close to a dozen that I don’t use anymore because of new and better ones.

As far as my favorites.

IWB – Stealthgear
Most comfortable IWB I have tried. Reviews were also very favorable. Well made and doesn’t collapse on you making re-holstering easy, as does its main competitor Alien Gear, which I have gotten rid of.

OWB – Comp-Tac   Slim Line
Well made, and they give extra mounting clips to make it IWB if you wish. They also stamp the gun name on the outside so you always know which one of your seven guns it’s for. No other holster maker does that.

POCKET – Alabama Holsters
Take it from Hickok45, Youtubes Guru of guns and gear, Alabama is the best. To many of us looking for an honest review of a new gun, Hickok is Yoda.
  I have them for the XDs, Shield, and my wife has two for her Glock 43, one for the pocket, one for the purse. With the right pants it disappears nicely. The guns draw without incident (holster coming with it).

For my larger .45 XDm I so far use nothing but Vedder and SHTF Holsters, but I do not carry it anywhere but the range. Its my primary bedside and only leaves the room for a trip to the range. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 07:36:17 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 07:13:02 pm »
To many of us looking for an honest review of a new gun, Hickok is Yoda.

Allow me to second that.  When I first started looking for a gun I went to his YouTube page and looked up the two I now own...my RockIsland Armory 1911 and my wife's Ruger SP101 to get his take on them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »
When you have 7 handguns and you have outfitted each for different carry situations IWB, OWB, and even Pocket Carry, finding yourself with a drawer full of holsters is easy to do. Then you have better holsters coming out every Shot Show. I probably donated close to a dozen that I don’t use anymore because of new and better ones.

As far as my favorites.

IWB – Stealthgear
Most comfortable IWB I have tried. Reviews were also very favorable. Well made and doesn’t collapse on you making re-holstering easy, as does its main competitor Alien Gear, which I have gotten rid of.

OWB – Comp-Tac   Slim Line
Well made, and they give extra mounting clips to make it IWB if you wish. They also stamp the gun name on the outside so you always know which one of your seven guns it’s for. No other holster maker does that.

POCKET – Alabama Holsters
Take it from Hickok45, Youtubes Guru of guns and gear, Alabama is the best. To many of us looking for an honest review of a new gun, Hickok is Yoda.
  I have them for the XDs, Shield, and my wife has two for her Glock 43, one for the pocket, one for the purse. With the right pants it disappears nicely. The guns draw without incident (holster coming with it).

Thank you!

I only have concealed carry with the IWB Alien.  Due to my job, I rarely carry.  I have one for OWB for riding on the tractor, hoping to see a hog, but never have seen one.