Author Topic: Former Bush attorney general: Trump right that there was surveillance  (Read 620 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Bush attorney general: Trump right that there was surveillance
By Mallory Shelbourne - 03/05/17 09:51 AM EST

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey on Sunday said that President Trump is likely correct that there was surveillance on Trump Tower for intelligence purposes, but incorrect in accusing former President Barack Obama of ordering the wiretapping.

“I think he’s right in that there was surveillance and that it was conducted at the behest of the attorney general – at the Justice Department,” Mukasey told ABC’s “This Week.”

Trump on Saturday accused Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower in New York City just before the November election.

more
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/322403-former-bush-ag-trump-right-that-there-was-surveillance
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Former Bush attorney general: Trump right that there was surveillance
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:01:54 pm »
Lynch IS obama.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 06:37:37 pm »
  @LonestarDream  this article is about Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey who served under President Bush, not Lynch who appeased obummer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 07:15:00 pm »
  @LonestarDream  this article is about Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey who served under President Bush, not Lynch who appeased obummer.

I know .  Should have stated my context more clearly.  Lynch IS Obama refers to the idea that IT DOES NOT MATTER if Obama had directly ordered the wiretaps.

While Obama may have wanted the taps without saying, he is responsible for Lynch's actions in any case.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 07:34:11 pm »
"It means there was some basis to believe that somebody in Trump Tower may have been acting as an agent of the Russians for whatever purpose,” he said. “Not necessarily the election, but for some purpose.”

This appears to be what Trump wants to talk about...a russian agent in Trump Tower.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »
I know .  Should have stated my context more clearly.  Lynch IS Obama refers to the idea that IT DOES NOT MATTER if Obama had directly ordered the wiretaps.

While Obama may have wanted the taps without saying, he is responsible for Lynch's actions in any case.

"What did he know and when did he know it?"