Author Topic: Schumer on Trump claims: Either way, the president is 'in trouble'  (Read 684 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Schumer on Trump claims: Either way, the president is 'in trouble'
The Hill, Mar 5, 2017, REBECCA SAVRANSKY

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Sunday raised questions about President Trump's claims that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower before the election.

In an interview on NBC's "Meet The Press," Schumer said Obama has "flatly denied that he has done this."

"And either way, Chuck, the president's in trouble. If he falsely spread this kind of misinformation, that is so wrong," Schumer said.

"It's beneath the dignity of the presidency. It is something that really hurts people's view of government."

Schumer said if this is the case, it shows the president doesn't know how to "conduct himself."

"On the other hand, if it's true, it's even worse for the president," Schumer said. "Because that means that a federal judge, independently elected, has found probable cause that the president, or people on his staff, have probable cause to have broken the law or to have interacted with a foreign agent."

Schumer called that possibility "serious stuff."

More:  http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/322407-schumer-on-trump-claims-either-way-the-president-is-in-trouble

Re: Schumer on Trump claims: Either way, the president is 'in trouble'
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:37:07 pm »
I thought you might find this helpful to your cause  @rodamala @Cripplecreek @Victoria33 @Rivergirl @Weird Tolkienish Figure @geronl @Scutter

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:59:25 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:44:25 pm »
Federal judges are "independently elected" means approved by the same congress that approved Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Distict judge James Robard.

I believe Americans' faith in the judiciary is just a little higher than their faith in congress.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:53:39 pm »
Most of this is Schumer moralizing. Being we're not a theocracy, his demogoguing isn't worth a jack squat.

The money quote:

"Because that means that a federal judge, independently elected, has found probable cause that the president, or people on his staff, have probable cause to have broken the law or to have interacted with a foreign agent."

Schumer opens the door, because this is an admission that a warrant was required, and someone sought that warrant in the DOJ. And things such as they were, it smells politically motivated, especially in light of the scandal of the Obama admin preserving and declassifying intel on Trump for political gain.

Which begs the old Watergate question - what did Prez Obama know and when did he know it?
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:55:54 pm »
Most of this is Schumer moralizing. Being we're not a theocracy, his demogoguing isn't worth a jack squat.

The money quote:

Schumer opens the door, because this is an admission that a warrant was required, and someone sought that warrant in the DOJ. And things such as they were, it smells politically motivated, especially in light of the scandal of the Obama admin preserving and declassifying intel on Trump for political gain.

Damn right. The entire strategy is becoming crystal clear and it stinks of law breaking.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 08:58:32 pm »
Ordering NSA to submit for a warrant - not illegal
NSA submitting and failing to get a warrant (1st time) - not illegal
NSA changing the submission for a second cut at a FISA court wiretap approval - possibly illegal (depends on what is in the sworn affidavit)
Conducting a FISA court approved wiretap - not illegal
Finding no evidence of Russian corruption of the Trump campaign - priceless

SHARING THE INTEL (HIGHLY CLASSIFIED INFORMATION) WITH THE PRESS, I.E. LEAKING - SIGNIFICANT FELONY / ILLEGAL

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 11:25:38 pm »
"Because that means that a federal judge, independently elected, has found probable cause that the president, or people on his staff, have probable cause to have broken the law or to have interacted with a foreign agent."

Since when does probable cause equal guilt?  There is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian officials.  If there had been,  we'd definitively know by now.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 02:42:23 am »

That right there set off my BS meter!  How many "elected" federal judges are there out there?   Inquiring minds want to know.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 02:44:23 am »

Since when does probable cause equal guilt?  There is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian officials.  If there had been,  we'd definitively know by now.

Since when have federal judges been elected?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 02:50:16 am »
Since when have federal judges been elected?

They're not...approved by the Senate..Schumer is an idiot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 03:31:25 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
Thanks. I've approved your reservation on the Ship of Fools and upgraded you to the Grand Idiot suite.
I thought it only had 7 cabins...are you proposing to bunk up with RIV? Not sure RIV wants to sail with you fellas though.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:32:50 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 03:34:41 am »
I thought it only had 7 cabins...are you proposing to bunk up with RIV? Not sure RIV wants to sail with you fellas though.

/snicker

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 04:04:46 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
Thanks. I've approved your reservation on the Ship of Fools and upgraded you to the Grand Idiot suite.

I doubt you'd give up your room for me.  But nice try @Scutter  :laugh: