Author Topic: Senator Ben Sasse Issues Strong Statement Regarding Wiretapping Claims  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Senator Ben Sasse Issues Strong Statement Regarding Wiretapping Claims
Posted at 5:00 pm on March 4, 2017 by "/kimberly_ross"

U.S. Senator from Nebraska, Ben Sasse, released a statement Saturday afternoon regarding President Trump’s claims that former President Obama had his phones wiretapped during the contentious 2016 election cycle.
Thankfully, we have a few level-headed politicians like Sasse. Instead of focusing on partisanship, he is asking for proof and further investigation, if warranted.

http://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2017/03/04/sasse-statement-trump-wiretap-claims/

Full statement included in link.

It would be nice if the President was as level headed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If this is what the next 4 years are like I'll have to change TBR into a cooking/food forum..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Senator Ben Sasse Issues Strong Statement Regarding Wiretapping Claims
Posted at 5:00 pm on March 4, 2017 by "/kimberly_ross"

U.S. Senator from Nebraska, Ben Sasse, released a statement Saturday afternoon regarding President Trump’s claims that former President Obama had his phones wiretapped during the contentious 2016 election cycle.
Thankfully, we have a few level-headed politicians like Sasse. Instead of focusing on partisanship, he is asking for proof and further investigation, if warranted.

http://www.redstate.com/kimberly_ross/2017/03/04/sasse-statement-trump-wiretap-claims/

Full statement included in link.

It would be nice if the President was as level headed.

Nearly all FISA judges currently serving are republicans appointed by Chief Justice and since 1978 when the court was formed all chief justices have been conservatives. The left hates the FISA Court because it "Lacks Diversity" (Are almost all republicans)

Wiki has the typical leftist slant as with all things political. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:31:12 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline SirLinksALot

Ben Sasse‏Verified account
@BenSasse

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:55:11 am by SirLinksALot »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If this is what the next 4 years are like I'll have to change TBR into a cooking/food forum..lol

Yeah, those little pizzas...

That's the spirit, Hillary...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LonestarDream

Watch Paul Ryan go all blinky, blinky at 00:18 seconds in the eyes with Brett Baier.

Ryan just acknowledged that BOTH FISA court orders happened AND that there were no findings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuwA73leQR0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:49:27 am by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

it's a big deal if it is true, it's a big deal if the President is lying his rear end off too

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Watch Paul Ryan go all blinky, blinky at 00:18 seconds in the eyes with Brett Baier.

Ryan just acknowledged that BOTH FISA court orders happened AND that there were no findings.

obama probably didn't order anything. He may have said, "I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LonestarDream

obama probably didn't order anything. He may have said, "I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall".

Yeah the old Thomas Beckett scenario, "wont someone rid me of this man!"

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

That's not what I heard from that at all... and why would Ryan know, exactly?

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Senator Ben Sasse Issues Strong Statement Regarding Wiretapping Claims
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 02:53:50 am »
Listen to Ryan's inverted sentence structure.  The speaker of the House and Senate majority leader are briefed on intelligence matters more the average congressmen. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 03:00:47 am »

What I heard Ryan say was that there was an approval for wiretaps in October by the court but nothing came of the wiretaps.

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 03:06:23 am »
What I heard Ryan say was that there was an approval for wiretaps in October by the court but nothing came of the wiretaps.

Bret Baier said that, all I heard ryan say was that he didn't know of any evidence to the contrary, blah blah blah.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 03:06:28 am »

Yes!!!!

And the fact that Ryan started blinking means he felt threatened by this line of questioning.

Clearly, Ryan did not want to concede the existence of the FISA court orders.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:08:25 am by LonestarDream »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 03:12:15 am »

Here is the exact transcript :

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/03/04/sounds-like-paul-ryan-just-confirmed-donald-trumps-wiretap-story/

BAIER: Are you concerned, on the flip side, that the Obama administration may have been surveilling members of the Trump campaign in a pretty detailed investigation during the election?

RYAN: Well, I don’t think that’s the case. If you recall, President Obama asked the intelligence community, after the election, to canvass all the intelligence and give a report to Congress on what Russia did do and all their interactions. And in that report, nobody alleged that there a person in America, like a Trump campaign official, involved with the Russians on this. So if they would have found that you would think they would have put that in the report that they gave us in early January.

BAIER: Right, but there’s a report, June 2016, there’s a FISA request by the Obama administration Foreign Intelligence Surveillance court to monitor communications involving Donald Trump and several other campaign officials. They get turned down. And then in October they renew it and they do start a wiretap with some computer and Russian banks and it doesn’t show up anything, by reporting. Have you heard that?

RYAN: Well, again, and like I said, none of us in Congress, or anybody I know in Congress, has been presented with evidence to the contrary of what you just said.

BAIER: So you believe it to be true?

RYAN: Yes. We have seen no evidence that anybody in this campaign, or any other Americans, was in on it with the Russians to meddle in our elections. We know they meddled. Russia’s and adversary. And that’s something we have to work to counteract.

BAIER: I got it. But my point is the Obama administration was pretty aggressive and a couple of FISA requests…

RYAN: I hear your point, and what I’m saying is I’ve seen nothing of that. I’ve seen nothing come of that, that is my point.

BAIER: Okay.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 03:14:55 am »
Seems like every day there is some crisis or controversy involving Trump.  Is his ego that big that he has to be in the news every day? 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 03:17:47 am »

Bret Baier said that, all I heard ryan say was that he didn't know of any evidence to the contrary, blah blah blah.

What Ryan says precisely is "I have seen nothing come of THAT". In response to the direct question of the court issuing an order for the wiretaps. That is an admission that it happened. Those wiretaps showed no collusion with the Russians.

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 03:19:09 am »

Here is the exact transcript :

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/03/04/sounds-like-paul-ryan-just-confirmed-donald-trumps-wiretap-story/

Meh, it's a stretch to say that Ryan confirmed evidence, but merely that nobody in congress was presented with evidence that disproved them?

Weird, lawyer-like wording, but Ryan didn't come out and say they exist.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 03:21:05 am »

Meh, it's a stretch to say that Ryan confirmed evidence, but merely that nobody in congress was presented with evidence that disproved them?

Yes, he did.

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 03:21:21 am »
What Ryan says precisely is "I have seen nothing come of THAT". In response to the direct question of the court issuing an order for the wiretaps. That is an admission that it happened.

No, it's not. Just because you wish it were true, doesn't make it so

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 03:22:47 am »
Winner , winner chicken dinner.  The blinking eyes corroborates this analysis.

The antecedent of THAT are clearly the FISA court orders.

What Ryan says precisely is "I have seen nothing come of THAT". In response to the direct question of the court issuing an order for the wiretaps. That is an admission that it happened. Those wiretaps showed no collusion with the Russians.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 03:23:01 am »

For me, the key point is Ryan's one word response....

BAIER: So you believe it to be true? (this was in reference to the previous statement: And then in October they renew it and they do start a wiretap with some computer and Russian banks and it doesn’t show up anything, by reporting. Have you heard that? )

RYAN: Yes.

So, a surveillance was actually done.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:24:03 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 03:25:03 am »
Listening skills are so important.  Thanks!

For me, the key point is Ryan's one word response....

BAIER: So you believe it to be true? (this was in reference to the previous statement: And then in October they renew it and they do start a wiretap with some computer and Russian banks and it doesn’t show up anything, by reporting. Have you heard that? )

RYAN: Yes.

So, a surveillance was actually done.

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2017, 03:28:47 am »
BAIER:[/size] Are you concerned, on the flip side, that the Obama administration may have been surveilling members of the Trump campaign in a pretty detailed investigation during the election?[/size]RYAN: Well, I don’t think that’s the case.

And that doesn't make you wonder at all that maybe you're hearing what you want to hear? Just a tad?

It's right there in the beginning too.