Author Topic: NOT THE ONION: TSA Announces Pat Downs Will Become More Intimate  (Read 1254 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
....The TSA used to use 5 different types of pat downs with varying degrees of invasiveness and ‘intimacy’. Now they plan to use just a single style of massage.

The new physical touching—for those selected to have a pat-down—will be more invasive in what the federal agency describes as a more “comprehensive” physical screening, according to a Transportation Security Administration spokesman.

Denver International Airport, for example, notified employees and flight crews on Thursday that the “more rigorous” searches “will be more thorough and may involve an officer making more intimate contact than before.”...

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/03/03/not-onion-tsa-announces-pat-downs-will-become-intimate/

Offline bolobaby

Re: NOT THE ONION: TSA Announces Pat Downs Will Become More Intimate
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:48:27 pm »
As long as the "scan" looks like this in action, i have no objections!

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:40:20 pm »

Hire the girls from Hooters and the guys from Chip & Dale's to do these pat downs,  Allow the traveler to pay an extra $15 for the option to have the person of their choice perform the pat down.

/sarc

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:12:39 pm »
The TSA is just now making this change as a reaction to its 95% failure rate detecting weapoins being exposed nearly two years ago. (Although of course a decade earlier the failure rate was revealed to be 91%.)
Show of hands, who feels safer?

If a TSA screener gets too familiar with me, it almost would be worth the criminal charges to punch him or her in the face.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:20:53 pm »
TSA needs to be abolished

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 01:11:44 am »
the “more rigorous” searches “will be more thorough and may involve an officer making more intimate contact than before.”...

I was on the receiving end of one of these two weeks ago.  I definitely felt violated.  It was the old 'you have been selected for random screening' bit which seems to happen too frequently for it to be 'random'. 

Travelling again today, the couple just ahead of me got selected for the 'random' molestation while I had my carry-ons x-rayed, physically unpacked and searched, and x-rayed again.  The whole process literally took ten minutes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 05:06:45 am »
It's for the children

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 05:36:23 am »
It was the old 'you have been selected for random screening' bit which seems to happen too frequently for it to be 'random'. 

Before 9/11, I was picked every time.  I looked like a terrorist.

Now, it's only every so often.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 09:24:21 am »
The question is why?

According to the article, the heavy duty searches are in response to a two-year old investigation that revealed a failure rate of over 90%.  That explanation raises about ten questions - but I'll set them aside until my anger subsides.

It doesn't pass the smell test.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 12:28:13 pm »
Before 9/11, I was picked every time.  I looked like a terrorist.

Now, it's only every so often.

I get picked most of the time.  I'm an old lady with a cane.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 01:10:09 am »
I was on the receiving end of one of these two weeks ago. ...
And we don't even ask why. Well, after all, it's random. In a sane world, however, there wouldn't be random searches. There would be searches of those most likely to be a threat - but we're allowed to "profile," dontcha know.  **nononono*

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 04:48:39 am »
TSA needs to be abolished
+1,000,000

I am "one of those a-holes" that refused to go in the machine and hold my hands up giving the Masonic distress gesture.

Seeing the sheeple at the airports in those full body-scan machines lets me know that the terrorists won on 9/11, and the American spirit is offically dead.

D. E. A. D.

Dead.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 07:56:29 am »
According to Team Obama the most likely candidates for terrorism are white males, especially ex-military.

OK, so let's get rid of those damn machines.  Obama's buddy had already made his money selling the machines so we can get rid of them now.  Payment complete.  And his jobs program of hiring TSA agents is complete as well.  Now that they're all hired train them to spot white ex-military and let everyone else have a little dose of Liberty.

Oh, I forgot, there's the rub.  We can't have Americans walking around feeling like their free now can we?

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 08:00:15 am »
Hire the girls from Hooters and the guys from Chip & Dale's to do these pat downs,  Allow the traveler to pay an extra $15 for the option to have the person of their choice perform the pat down.

/sarc

Now there's the good old American entrepreneurial spirit.  Can we pat back?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »
Trump should import an Israeli to head up TSA.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »
Trump should import an Israeli to head up TSA.

Bingo