Author Topic: Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!  (Read 41268 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI Reportedly Sought FISA Court Warrant To Spy On Trump Campaign Officials
ZeroHedge, Jan 11, 2017, by Tyler Durden

A new report released today features both the FBI seeking to launch a surveillance operation against an active US presidential campaign, and the ultra-rare case of the FISA courts actually turning down an FBI request to conduct surveillance against somebody.

The report, originating at the Guardian, claims that the FBI had sought broad surveillance powers over four high-ranking members of President-elect Donald Trump’s campaign during the election, claiming them to have had contact with Russian officials.

The FISA court turned the request down, telling investigators they needed to narrow the request.

Though the four are not directly named in the report, it is related to claims in a dossier of Russia having substantial blackmail dirt on Trump, and that dossier centered heavily around accusations against a handful of Trump campaign personnel, including Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, along with Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen, meaning some of them may well be among the targets.

More:  http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-11/fbi-reportedly-sought-fisa-court-warrant-spy-trump-campaign-officials

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
So why the scare quotes around "Wire tapped"?

We know he'll never provide proof. He just says crap like this to stir outrage among his snowflakes who are just as cowardly as he is.

Offline endicom

So why the scare quotes around "Wire tapped"?

We know he'll never provide proof. He just says crap like this to stir outrage among his snowflakes who are just as cowardly as he is.

Andrew C. McCarthy

"The idea that FISA could be used against political enemies always seemed far-fetched. Now it might not be."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443768/obama-fisa-trump-wiretap

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Andrew C. McCarthy

"The idea that FISA could be used against political enemies always seemed far-fetched. Now it might not be."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443768/obama-fisa-trump-wiretap

Far fetched to who? I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept that someone this stupid is employed somewhere outside a supervised group work/rehab facility for the mentally damaged. Just how freaking stupid does one have to be to think a secret court with nearly unlimited power would NOT be used against political enemies by a tyrannical government? Far fetched? Really? Stevie Wonder would have to shield his eyes from the light of this one for cryin' out loud.

Offline kevindavis007

Offline endicom

Far fetched to who? I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept that someone this stupid is employed somewhere outside a supervised group work/rehab facility for the mentally damaged. Just how freaking stupid does one have to be to think a secret court with nearly unlimited power would NOT be used against political enemies by a tyrannical government? Far fetched? Really? Stevie Wonder would have to shield his eyes from the light of this one for cryin' out loud.

McCarthy is an insider. The article goes back to his belief of 1991.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sounds to me like he's just reading garbage in the press.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Glad rump takes these allegations seriously, his latest tweet:

Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't voluntarily leaving the Apprentice, he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me. Sad end to great show

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/838016045222854656
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 02:02:40 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Norm Lenhart

McCarthy is an insider. The article goes back to his belief of 1991.
Not trying to be a wise ass saying this but...So? The concept isn't time sensitive. The same would have held 2000 years ago. And being an insider with so little grasp on the nature of power is if anything worse.

Offline Victoria33

This is a serious accusation he better have proof!
@mystery-ak

I have said numerous times, every day for the next four years, Trump will do this; cause turmoil every day - he has lived his life like this.  Remember, if he wasn't in the newspapers every day, he would use a fake name and call the newspapers to tell them what Trump was doing so there would be newspaper coverage about him.  He cannot change.  Also, someone pointed out to me, when something good happens to him (as the good speech he read to congress), he immediately does something to hurt himself.  Who remembers the good speech now?  It has gone by the wayside now with the Sessions problem and now this tweet that Obama wiretapped Trump tower.  And, the tweet about Arnold,  "Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't voluntarily leaving the Apprentice, he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me."

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@mystery-ak

I have said numerous times, every day for the next four years, Trump will do this; cause turmoil every day - he has lived his life like this.  Remember, if he wasn't in the newspapers every day, he would use a fake name and call the newspapers to tell them what Trump was doing so there would be newspaper coverage about him.  He cannot change.  Also, someone pointed out to me, when something good happens to him (as the good speech he read to congress), he immediately does something to hurt himself.  Who remembers the good speech now?  It has gone by the wayside now with the Sessions problem and now this tweet that Obama wiretapped Trump tower.  And, the tweet about Arnold,  "Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't voluntarily leaving the Apprentice, he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me."

The spying would require the approval of the FISA court. That revelation brought the idiots running with the claim that the FISA court allowed the wiretapping of MLK who died long before the formation of the FISA court.

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump is his own problem. He has a record of having a big mouth, a record of shooting from the hip.

Just look at how he accused Ted Cruz's father of conspiring to assassinate JFK. That's just the most egregious example.

So, like the boy who cried wolf... how do you expect people not to be skeptical of this latest accusation of his?

Offline kevindavis007

Trump is his own problem. He has a record of having a big mouth, a record of shooting from the hip.

Just look at how he accused Ted Cruz's father of conspiring to assassinate JFK. That's just the most egregious example.

So, like the boy who cried wolf... how do you expect people not to be skeptical of this latest accusation of his?

Like I said, he better have proof...

Offline Norm Lenhart

Like I said, he better have proof...

People should be skeptical and he better be able to prove it. But that aside, does anyone seriously doubt that Obama/the libs in various departments wouldn't pull that? Havent we all long said that the Dems had 'files' etc on the GOP and thats why they always go back on their promises/dise with dems/fund Obamacare and the rest?

Silver Pines

So much for that presidential speech.  Six weeks in, and his idiotic mouth ( or fingers) melt it all down.

Offline Victoria33

@SirLinksALot

It certainly is possible, while investigating the Russian connection to our election, specifically the Russian Ambassador, the NSA got an order to tap the Ambassador's phone, and if he called Trump or his people in Trump Tower, there would be a record of those phone calls.  It could involve the son-in-law since he met with the Ambassador in Trump Tower during the campaign.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
excerpts:

Just a day before the election last year, former Heat Street editor Louise Mensch reported that 'sources with links to the counter-intelligence community' confirmed that a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA) had granted a FISA court warrant in October to monitor activities in Trump tower.   

On Wednesday, a New York Times report said White House officials took efforts in the closing days of the Obama administration to analyze and spread information about Russian election interference, driven by a concern that the material might get buried by Trump.

Intelligence agencies rushed to analyze raw intelligence material about Russia connections, going over months-old material as the extent and possible motives of what the agencies say is Russian election hacking emerged.

Officials made efforts to ask specific questions at intelligence briefings as a way to get the information into the record and be archived for examination later.

In January, American law enforcement and intelligence agencies examined intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of Trump, according to the Times.

The FBI led the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, and the Treasury Department's financial crimes unit.

Investigators found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said.

One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4281150/Trump-accuses-Barack-Obama-wire-tapping-phones.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
excerpt

Someone in the intelligence/law enforcement bureaucracy had a applied for a FISA warrant to tap the Trump people in June, It was turned down. Renewed and granted in October, I think. The details are out there. That’s what he’s talking about.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/03/trump-goes-nuclear-with-claim-obama-wiretapped-him-during-election.php
Support the USO

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I hope he has proof. Saying Arnold Schwarzenegger quit instead of being fired is a serious charge.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

"In January, American law enforcement and intelligence agencies examined intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of Trump, according to the Times.  The FBI led the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, and the Treasury Department's financial crimes unit."
_________
That is what I posted above that likely happened, that phone calls to/from the Russian Ambassador were intercepted and that included those going to and from Trump tower.  If Trump people, including his son-in-law, were taking calls and making calls to the Ambassador, they were caught in this investigation.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:48:13 pm by Victoria33 »

Silver Pines

Glad rump takes these allegations seriously, his latest tweet:

Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't voluntarily leaving the Apprentice, he was fired by his bad (pathetic) ratings, not by me. Sad end to great show

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/838016045222854656

"The time for trivial fights is over."----Trump, four days ago

Offline Rivergirl

The dufus insisted on using his own android.  Not secure.  People calling him from golf courses, etc.  He himself calling world leaders.  These calls could have and most likely were monitored by anyone interested in hearing what he had to say.
Even after he was given a secure android he insists on using his own phone.  The old dog just couldn't learn a new trick.....using a new phone????
Stop whining and get to work.  EO's that are nothing more than suggestions for reviews are not accomplishments.