Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick Ready to Stand for National Anthem, ESPN Reports  (Read 1250 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Colin Kaepernick plans to stand during the national anthem next season rather than continue to kneel in protest like he did last year, ESPN reported Thursday.

Sources told ESPN that Kaepernick said he doesn’t want his protest to detract from positive changes he has seen take place since last year. The sources did not elaborate on what the positive changes were, specifically, other than to say the amount of discussion on issues of social, racial, and economic justice had been important to him.
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/colin-kaepernick-stand-national-anthem/2017/03/02/id/776615/
Guess Obama's OFA did not write a big enough check, so he now realizes he has to earn it by being a good boy for a change.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Colin Kaepernick Ready to Stand for National Anthem, ESPN Reports
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 02:24:14 pm »
I would rather see him stand for an unemployment line.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »
Meanwhile in an unrelated matter, Colin Kaepernick is unemployed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 02:37:43 pm »
I would rather see him stand for an unemployment line.

.. or stand in line for tickets to see a game.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 02:39:10 pm »
Of course it will be the Canadian National Anthem.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 06:03:29 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/02/go-figure-new-free-agent-colin-kaepernick-decides-to-stand-for-national-anthem-next-season/

by AllahPundit

He told the world he was opting out of his 49ers contract to test the market two days ago. Two days later, meet the newly de-woke-ified Colin Kaepernick.

Quarterback Colin Kaepernick will stand during the national anthem next season, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources told ESPN. He also said the amount of national discussion on social inequality — as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players — affirmed the message he was trying to deliver…

Kaepernick said the discussion about social inequality should include all people, and he plans to continue raising money for the underprivileged and presenting the “Know Your Rights” camps nationwide that he started last year.

No longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created” is quite the gassy euphemism for dropping his protest now that it might hurt his paycheck. This guy must be the only liberal in America who’s less eager to protest now that Trump is in office.

His numbers were decent enough last season to warrant some free-agent interest now (16 TDs, 4 INTs) but not so hot as to considerably lighten the load of his political baggage for an interested GM. A possible compromise: He’ll drop the anthem protest, sure, but he’ll have to do something new and more low-key to save face among his left-wing fans. Maybe he’ll take to wearing one of those Castro t-shirts he seems to like so much, or the socks with pigs as police, on the sidelines before games? He has to do something to clear the air of the stench of “sellout.” It’s overpowering.

Via Breitbart, here’s Colin Cowherd reflecting on the obvious.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 10:03:57 pm »
Of course, now we know the real reason he didn't stand up. :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsBzJDJzWw8
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 10:10:11 pm »
He can sit on his head for all I care.

But, it is sad to see a nominally talented young man throw his life away.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 05:20:34 am »
One bigger problem is that some major sports (football, basketball) have SJWs for commissioners.  Goodell could have stopped the protests in the bud, but he went along with them and even praised the idiots.  He should have known that half the pro football fans are conservatives who love their country and don't want to see it disrespected by some moron of an athlete making in one year what most people will not make in their lifetimes. 

geronl

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 05:57:56 am »
Yet Goodell would not let the Cowboys put little stickers on their helmets to honor those police officers who were killed.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 06:09:10 am »
Woe be to the team that picks him up.

I would support a player that stood up for players' safety like race drivers for instance.  But not his anti-American stuff.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 12:14:22 pm »
I'm still following this and Colin is still unemployed. He decided to make the NFL all about him and his supposed 'protest'. Now, nobody will touch him. And that is a good thing.

Owners and coaches want the game to be about the team and about football. Colin was hijacking all that and was making the game all about him, and his grievances. So the NFL is giving him the opportunity to pursue his new career as a Black civil rights leader. The NFL is telling him, "You can 'protest' all you want to, but you can't do it on MY dime."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 12:19:17 pm »
Wonder if he's a flat-earther like some of the fools in the NBA.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 01:09:54 am »
Cropped up on my feed. Don't give crap one about sports or those who get overpaid to run around a field, but remembered this thread:

Spike Lee calls lack of suitors for Colin Kaepernick 'fishy'

NEW YORK -- Spike Lee says it's "fishy" that former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick remains an NFL free agent.

Kaepernick's season-long protest of the "Star Spangled Banner" ahead of 49ers games became a topic of national debate last season. Kaepernick was protesting police treatment of minorities in the country. He has indicated he plans to stand for the anthem next season.

Lee wrote on Instagram Sunday that he had brunch with Kaepernick in New York. The director questioned what crime Kaepernick has committed. He says the quarterback's lack of suitors "smells mad fishy to me."

Lee is suggesting his hometown New York Jets take a look at Kaepernick.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/spike-lee-calls-lack-of-suitors-for-colin-kaepernick-fishy-1.3332593
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 12:01:20 pm »
Cropped up on my feed. Don't give crap one about sports or those who get overpaid to run around a field, but remembered this thread:

NEW YORK -- Spike Lee says it's "fishy" that former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick remains an NFL free agent.

Kaepernick's season-long protest of the "Star Spangled Banner" ahead of 49ers games became a topic of national debate last season. Kaepernick was protesting police treatment of minorities in the country. He has indicated he plans to stand for the anthem next season.

Lee wrote on Instagram Sunday that he had brunch with Kaepernick in New York. The director questioned what crime Kaepernick has committed. He says the quarterback's lack of suitors "smells mad fishy to me."

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/spike-lee-calls-lack-of-suitors-for-colin-kaepernick-fishy-1.3332593
Yes, because all NFL teams want a mediocre qb who will create negative feelings towards their team.  All these idiot activists just don't understand their own country. Only in America can a person making 19 million dollars a year complain about being oppressed.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 12:33:29 pm »
Colin thought his 'protests' would make him a hot-ticket. He thought he was increasing his fame and his value. What he did not realize is that disrespecting the flag is the wrong way to get famous. He did get the fame that he wanted, but he pissed off the NFL and a huge number of football fans doing it. Even many Black Americans were offended by what he was doing. He helped nobody. He accomplished nothing. And he destroyed his career doing it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 01:04:57 pm »
Colin thought his 'protests' would make him a hot-ticket. He thought he was increasing his fame and his value. What he did not realize is that disrespecting the flag is the wrong way to get famous. He did get the fame that he wanted, but he pissed off the NFL and a huge number of football fans doing it. Even many Black Americans were offended by what he was doing. He helped nobody. He accomplished nothing. And he destroyed his career doing it.

I don't think he thought that far ahead.  Thinking doesn't seem to be his long suit.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 02:16:48 pm »

Yes.  He failed to understand he is just a bit player in a multi-billion dollar brand and the NFL takes seriously anything that threatens the brand.  It will be interesting to see if any goofy owner thinks CK is worth the price. 
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:08 pm »
Yes.  He failed to understand he is just a bit player in a multi-billion dollar brand and the NFL takes seriously anything that threatens the brand.  It will be interesting to see if any goofy owner thinks CK is worth the price.
Might be worth it just for the novelty. But at this point, he's not going to get much money.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 02:24:17 pm »
From the Spike Lee article:

The director questioned what crime Kaepernick has committed. He says the quarterback's lack of suitors "smells mad fishy to me."

Well Spike... so what?  CK is marketing a product.  Apparently, it is a tainted product.  Thus far, NFL owners have opted not to engage the services (or product) CK is offering. 

It's not difficult Spike.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 02:29:26 pm »

If Spike Lee smells something stinky he'd best first check his filmmaking career.

Maybe thats why he's toying with the idea of becoming an NFL talent scout.