Author Topic: Jeff Sessions Is a Disgrace to the Justice Department  (Read 496 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Jeff Sessions Is a Disgrace to the Justice Department
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:12:54 pm »
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rightfully in hot water for lying to Congress about his contacts with Russian officials during the presidential campaign. This underscores the need for a special prosecutor to independently investigate alleged Russian interference in the 2016 elections as well as possible ties between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

But the problem with Sessions goes well beyond Russia. He’s put the Trump administration on the wrong side of every major issue when it comes to civil rights, the Constitution, and the rule of law.

https://www.thenation.com/article/jeff-sessions-is-a-disgrace-to-the-justice-department/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Jeff Sessions Is a Disgrace to the Justice Department
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 12:32:08 pm »
Well, having read the article and comments there and the author's assertion that Sessions has put the Administration "on the wrong side" of every issue", tells me what side they are on. Interesting.

When Obama was first elected there were millions of dollars in contributions that came from small prepaid cards overseas. the investigation? (crickets)
When the Holder DOJ ran guns to Mexican Drug Cartels and (nominally American) street gangs, resulting in the deaths of a DEA Agent and a Border Patrol Agent, the investigation? (crickets) (Gunwalker and Gangwalker)

When Hillary Clinton's 'foundation' swelled with overseas money while she was Secretary of State and doing 'bidness' on her private server, the investigation? (louder crickets). Who, in their right mind, would pay her $250K to screech for a couple of hours? Talk about money laundering...

But curl up on the sofa, and by god, the late-night parade is out with primitive agricultural implements and lighting devices looking for someone to burn at the stake.

The message is plain, though. The Trump Administration has the ability to stop this nonsense before it happens.

Sit up straight, both feet on the floor, and tell the truth.

It's only what my grandmother would have demanded of us as children in the sacrosanct domain of her parlor--or for that matter, her kitchen, and someone with a few billion dollars could at least have the dignity to give some folks a charm school refresher course (and quit feeding the dem dogs of the press 'treats').
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:33:24 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 12:35:39 pm »
Well, having read the article and comments there and the author's assertion that Sessions has put the Administration "on the wrong side" of every issue", tells me what side they are on. Interesting.

When Obama was first elected there were millions of dollars in contributions that came from small prepaid cards overseas. the investigation? (crickets)
When the Holder DOJ ran guns to Mexican Drug Cartels and (nominally American) street gangs, resulting in the deaths of a DEA Agent and a Border Patrol Agent, the investigation? (crickets) (Gunwalker and Gangwalker)

When Hillary Clinton's 'foundation' swelled with overseas money while she was Secretary of State and doing 'bidness' on her private server, the investigation? (louder crickets). Who, in their right mind, would pay her $250K to screech for a couple of hours? Talk about money laundering...

But curl up on the sofa, and by god, the late-night parade is out with primitive agricultural implements and lighting devices looking for someone to burn at the stake.

The message is plain, though. The Trump Administration has the ability to stop this nonsense before it happens.

It's only what my grandmother would have demanded of us as children in the sacrosanct domain of her parlor--or for that matter, her kitchen, and someone with a few billion dollars could at least have the dignity to give some folks a charm school refresher course (and quit feeding the dem dogs of the press 'treats').

Your voice of reason won't be heard amidst all the shouting.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:44:29 pm »
Your voice of reason won't be heard amidst all the shouting.
You may be right, but it is there for all to see/hear.

Matt 11:15

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 12:53:13 pm »
"On January 14, 2016, The Nation endorsed Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders for President. In their reasoning, the editors of The Nation professed that "Bernie Sanders and his supporters are bending the arc of history toward justice. Theirs is an insurgency, a possibility, and a dream that we proudly endorse."[21]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 01:23:17 pm »
The Nation is a real old magazine and the current version has been very left wing for many years.

That said, they don't seem to me to be the irreverent wild eyed left.

That said, there is still reason to reject what they say; they are very anti-conservative but some of their journalism isn't too bad.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 01:41:52 pm »
The Nation is an openly Communist house organ who up until Trump was elected was a huge cheer leader for Putin and the Soviets....

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-interview-with-the-nation-editor-completely-derails-youre-actually-defending-putin/

“Many Western scholars have many different views of Vladimir Putin…” Vanden Heuvel said. “I’m going to cite my Russian friend… who has lived and suffered, worked with journalists who have been assassinated… he does not believe that Putin ordered the assassinations, he believes Putin created the climate,” she said.

“I’m not going to agree with Donald Trump,” she said, after Scarborough again asked the same question.

“It sounds like you are,” Scarborough insisted. “Katrina, I need you to answer the question! You won’t answer any question. I’m on your side here, Katrina. It sounds like you are actually defending Putin!”

Vanden Heuvel responded by saying that the U.S. needed to end the “cold war” with Russia and work together to defeat ISIS. “A lot of people at home right now are saying, ‘She’s not answering the question,'” Scarborough predicted.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:47:43 pm »

Conservatives prefer to eat their own for the slightest infraction.  They may yell and scream about the corruption of the left but in the end conservatives go back to work and mumble "it aint right".
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »

Your comment implies the administration has been intentionally misleading. Unless there's something new in the news I haven't seen this morning I have not seen conclusive proof of any such thing.

But you are right - in the current environment any member of this administration would be utterly foolish to not be forthcoming with any required info, under oath or not,.

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 02:29:28 pm »
Your comment implies the administration has been intentionally misleading. Unless there's something new in the news I haven't seen this morning I have not seen conclusive proof of any such thing.

This is more normalcy framed in outrage. There is really nothing to prove.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 03:02:27 pm »

But you are right - in the current environment any member of this administration would be utterly foolish to not be forthcoming with any required info, under oath or not,.
I'm not saying the administration was intentionally misleading, but the Liberal media will present it that way until proven otherwise, and the meme will stick. Headlines lie, retractions will run two weeks later, buried in the public notices. It is the perception game, and the media are all about using tricks to mold the perception of their audience.

If the administration doesn't feed them the sort of ambiguity which can be presented in a bad light, they will starve the beast. If they conduct things so there can be dispersions cast, then those doubts will be raised at every turn.

My mother used to say "Be like Caesar's wife--beyond suspicion." IOW, live so cleanly you will not even be suspected of doing wrong.

And behave (at least in public) with a level of decorum one would expect of someone refined, and people will think better of you. The true display of class is found in behaviour, not ostentation.

C S Lewis