Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Here’s how to repeal Obamacare  (Read 7995 times)

Offline endicom

Ted Cruz: Here’s how to repeal Obamacare
« on: March 02, 2017, 08:05:21 pm »
Hot Air
John Sexton
Mar. 2, 2017

Ted Cruz has a piece at Politico today in which he lays out a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare. He opens by citing two principles he says need to guide the Republican party:

First principle: Honor our promise. When you spend six years promising, “If only we get elected, we’ll repeal Obamacare,” you cannot renege on that promise. Failure is not an option. Breaking our word would be catastrophe. The voters would, quite rightly, never again trust Republicans to deliver on anything.

The second principle is don’t make it worse. The Pottery Barn rule applies: If you break it, you own it. Democrats broke health care: Since Obamacare passed, millions of people have had their plans canceled; average family premiums on employer-sponsored plans have risen by about $5,000; and average family deductibles on the individual market have also risen $5,000. Consumers are paying more for less, and that’s hurting a lot of families. Republicans can’t make it worse; instead, we’ve got to fix the problem.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/02/ted-cruz-heres-how-to-repeal-obamacare/

If this is the way to go then just damned do it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Ted Cruz: Here’s how to repeal Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:10:51 pm »
I thought Ted Cruz was a liar who cannot be believed?  He waves that Bible around, then lays it down and LIIIES.

How do we know he's not being Lyin' Ted now?  Did something happen?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 08:13:29 pm »
Does anyone really give a spit about health savings accounts? Should they? Or is it a trick when we could just lower the income tax and say, "Now you have more money for health care if you need it. If you don't, go buy some new kicks."

It's not our job to make people save for health care.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 08:14:02 pm »
Ted is right! As usual!

Can't remember the last time he was wrong about anything but I'm sure there will be those who will attempt to refresh my memory!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »
I thought Ted Cruz was a liar who cannot be believed?  He waves that Bible around, then lays it down and LIIIES.

Do you agree with him or not?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »
Do you agree with him or not?

Do I agree with Cruz about the strategy, or do I agree with Trump that Ted Cruz is the biggest liar to ever come down the pike?  Can't have both.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »
Does anyone really give a spit about health savings accounts?

I sure do.  We have used them for years in conjunction with high deductible health insurance.

When the government makes rules that let you lower your tax bill, it is foolish not to use them.  I don't feed the beast more than I'm required to do.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 08:43:07 pm »
Do I agree with Cruz about the strategy, or do I agree with Trump that Ted Cruz is the biggest liar to ever come down the pike?  Can't have both.

It's obvious that Trump owns you but this isn't about Trump.

Do you agree with Cruz or not?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 08:51:00 pm »

Where do you think he may be lying?  Or are you just yanking our chain?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:03 pm »

It's obvious that Trump owns you but this isn't about Trump.

It's obvious?  You are FOS, I can barely stand Trump. 

I'm merely pointing out that it's a little disingenuous for Trumpsters to be touting anything Cruz has to say, considering how loudly you all proclaimed Ted Cruz a liar throughout the Primaries.  The political damage Trump did to Cruz was so grievous Cruz will be lucky to win reelection in '18, and if it costs Trump the Senate it will be a loss he richly deserves.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:06:20 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:27 pm »
Where do you think he may be lying?  Or are you just yanking our chain?

It's the chain.  Endicom deserves it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:49 pm »
Does anyone really give a spit about health savings accounts? Should they? Or is it a trick when we could just lower the income tax and say, "Now you have more money for health care if you need it. If you don't, go buy some new kicks."

It's not our job to make people save for health care.

You're right on that point,  but I see nothing wrong with making the HSA more attractive and more available to those who want it. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 08:55:51 pm »
It's the chain.  Endicom deserves it.

Aw....ok...

Offline endicom

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 09:31:17 pm »

I'm merely pointing out that it's a little disingenuous for Trumpsters to be touting anything Cruz has to say, considering how loudly you all proclaimed Ted Cruz a liar throughout the Primaries.  The political damage Trump did to Cruz was so grievous Cruz will be lucky to win reelection in '18, and if it costs Trump the Senate it will be a loss he richly deserves.

This isn't about Trump and it isn't about "Trumpsters."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 09:37:26 pm »

This isn't about Trump and it isn't about "Trumpsters."

I do agree with Cruz. 

And it's debatable that it isn't about Trump and his fans.  People who don't care much for Trump and his campaign last year are not going to be quick to forgive the "Lyin' Ted!" BS. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 09:46:09 pm »
I sure do.  We have used them for years in conjunction with high deductible health insurance.

When the government makes rules that let you lower your tax bill, it is foolish not to use them.  I don't feed the beast more than I'm required to do.

And, they could be one of the few things that could actually bring health care costs down.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 01:33:14 am »

@Cyber Liberty

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 01:40:29 am »
bolo wrote:
"Does anyone really give a spit about health savings accounts? Should they?"

I don't see how anyone could believe that "health savings accounts" will make healthcare more "affordable" for more than a select few.

The vast -- the overwhelming -- majority of people don't put enough money into their -regular- savings accounts. Too many folks just don't have the cash to spare.

Where are they going to get -more- to set aside into health savings accounts that can only be used in sickness?

Yes, the option of health care savings accounts should be included for those few who might take advantage of them.

But to believe that this can be anything more than an insignificant appendage to a Republican "replacement for obamacare" -- is just, well, ridiculous.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 01:44:46 am »
bolo wrote:
"Does anyone really give a spit about health savings accounts? Should they?"

I don't see how anyone could believe that "health savings accounts" will make healthcare more "affordable" for more than a select few.

The vast -- the overwhelming -- majority of people don't put enough money into their -regular- savings accounts. Too many folks just don't have the cash to spare.

Where are they going to get -more- to set aside into health savings accounts that can only be used in sickness?

Yes, the option of health care savings accounts should be included for those few who might take advantage of them.

But to believe that this can be anything more than an insignificant appendage to a Republican "replacement for obamacare" -- is just, well, ridiculous.

Citizens of this country have failed to be conditioned to the need for personal responsibility for at least two human lifetimes now.  I think its long past time for us to start correcting that problem.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:45:31 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 02:44:01 am »
Citizens of this country have failed to be conditioned to the need for personal responsibility for at least two human lifetimes now.  I think its long past time for us to start correcting that problem.

Absolutely

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 06:13:15 am »

I do agree with Cruz. 

And it's debatable that it isn't about Trump and his fans.  People who don't care much for Trump and his campaign last year are not going to be quick to forgive the "Lyin' Ted!" BS.
Nor should they be forgiven. Not a single one has a problem with it apparently.

Trump is President and that won't change. We can only hope he governs conservatively going forward. However that does not mean that his victory erases his OR their actions regarding Cruz. They were Democrat level evil on that account.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 06:18:43 am »
Nor should they be forgiven. Not a single one has a problem with it apparently.

Trump is President and that won't change. We can only hope he governs conservatively going forward. However that does not mean that his victory erases his OR their actions regarding Cruz. They were Democrat level evil on that account.

Come now. No reason to get all bent out of shape over Lyin' Ted, the lyingest lying liar that ever lied a lie and who's father killed a sitting President, not to mention he has a very ugly wife. The President said so.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 06:38:16 am »
Come now. No reason to get all bent out of shape over Lyin' Ted, the lyingest lying liar that ever lied a lie and who's father killed a sitting President, not to mention he has a very ugly wife. The President said so.

You know honestly, I can understand Trump pulling that crap. It was still total BS and a scumbag move. But he's President because of it. there was a personal benefit to trashing his own credibility, paradoxical as that sounds. What I'll never understand is the Pavlovian idiots that pissed away their own integrity and CONTINUE to piss away their integrity propagating it.

Even open liberals are smart enough to shift gears when caught cold lying. But not this merry band of liars. They still soldier on even after Trump abandoned the meme.Thats either really stupid or really evil  and I'm pretty sure I know which. No one is that stupid.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:39:47 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2017, 07:49:28 am »
bolo wrote:
"Does anyone really give a spit about health savings accounts? Should they?"The vast -- the overwhelming -- majority of people don't put enough money into their -regular- savings accounts. Too many folks just don't have the cash to spare.

Take a guess how health insurance is being paid for right now.  Go ahead, take a wild guess.  I promise it won't hurt to think.

Offline thackney

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2017, 01:07:36 pm »

The continuing belief by too many in society that others should not be forced to make choices to pay their own bills is the source of many problems in this country.

What is believed to be a basic necessity as a standard of living in the US would be a luxury item in most of the world.  It sends the country spiraling down the drain of debt.

That effort should be spent on making health care more affordable through reductions of regulations, tort reform and allowing people to choose more basic insurance, instead of forcing them to pay for coverage they do not want or can afford.