Author Topic: Senate confirms Rick Perry as energy secretary  (Read 546 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate confirms Rick Perry as energy secretary
« on: March 02, 2017, 07:36:30 pm »

The former 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant turned out to be far less controversial than other Trump Cabinet picks that Democrats have resisted.

By Darius Dixon

03/02/17 02:16 PM EST

The Senate on Thursday confirmed former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to be President Donald Trump's Energy secretary, elevating a non-scientist to oversee nuclear weapons programs, national laboratories and energy research and development at an agency he once wanted to eliminate.

Perry won support from every Republican and 10 Democrats, including Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Catherine Cortez Masto (Nev.), as well as Sen. Angus King (I-Maine). The final vote to confirm him was 62-37.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/rick-perry-confirmed-energy-secretary-235617
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate confirms Rick Perry as energy secretary
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:38:36 pm »
Excellent!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »
I do hope he does not act like the political animal he became here in Texas.

We need the DOE to shrink to somewhere between 10% to 0% of where it presently is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 11:03:56 pm »
Quick, find out if Rick ever spoke to any Russians.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:08:25 pm »
Perry, Abbot, great governors,

http://ktrh.iheart.com/articles/houston-news-121300/abbott-tops-approval-poll-outscores-cruz-15591138/

Cornyn, Cruz, suffering from approval ratings.

Looks like this is separating the men from the boys.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:09:28 pm »
Quick, find out if Rick ever spoke to any Russians.

It's  a well known fact that Russians cant speak Texan!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 01:57:32 am »

The former 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant turned out to be far less controversial than other Trump Cabinet picks that Democrats have resisted.

By Darius Dixon

03/02/17 02:16 PM EST

The Senate on Thursday confirmed former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to be President Donald Trump's Energy secretary, elevating a non-scientist to oversee nuclear weapons programs, national laboratories and energy research and development at an agency he once wanted to eliminate.

Perry won support from every Republican and 10 Democrats, including Debbie Stabenow (Mich.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Catherine Cortez Masto (Nev.), as well as Sen. Angus King (I-Maine). The final vote to confirm him was 62-37.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/rick-perry-confirmed-energy-secretary-235617

Ahem, How about former two-term Governor of the Great State of Texas.  How childish to refer to him as a dancing with the stars contestant as though that was his main claim to fame.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 09:16:37 am »
Ahem, How about former two-term Governor of the Great State of Texas.  How childish to refer to him as a dancing with the stars contestant as though that was his main claim to fame.

I'll go with "The guy that talked tough on immigration and wholly caved in to Obama when the chips were down" because thats exactly what he did. No need to get into his attempt to run a superhighway from the heart of Mexico cartel country straight through America to profit a handful of his cronies in Big (cheap) labor. Or Gardasil. Or any number of other wholly leftist or crony undertakings he's guilty of.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 10:18:52 am »

Like referring to Reagan as an "actor" instead of the two-term Governor of California.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 10:51:52 am »
OK Rick, get to work shutting down the Dept. of Energy.

Time's a wastin'.