Author Topic: Trump Considers Giving Mattis More Authority to Launch Anti-Terrorism Operations  (Read 654 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BY: Cameron Cawthorne   
March 2, 2017 2:28 am

The White House is considering granting the Pentagon more authority to launch time-sensitive anti-terrorism operations, which would give Defense Secretary James Mattis a freer hand to authorize raids against the Islamic State.

President Donald Trump has indicated he wants Mattis to have the ability to launch raids quickly without necessarily needing White House approval as part of the administration's effort to fight ISIS, the Daily Beast reported Wednesday, citing U.S. officials.

more
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/trump-considers-giving-mattis-more-authority-anti-terrorism-operations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LonestarDream

Yep.  The Mosul campaign is proving this out.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

geronl

"The buck stops with Mattis, not me, I didn't have anything to do with what happened unless it was an astounding success"

Offline Night Hides Not

I seem to recall during VietNam that Bob McNamara and LBJ personally selected bombing targets. Not much difference, except for the fact that Mattis has ample experience in military matters.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I seem to recall during VietNam that Bob McNamara and LBJ personally selected bombing targets. Not much difference, except for the fact that Mattis has ample experience in military matters.

I have no problem with this whatsoever. I fully trust Mattis. He's a good man.

This is one reason I voted Trump. He has picked mostly good people so far.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hire professionals at what they do then get the hell out of the way and let them do it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The key point is that this is for operations that are time-sensitive, and it makes sense to give the SedDef some discretion, especially considering his background.