Author Topic: Federal agents arrest 22-year-old man at Hidalgo bridge, seize 1,500 rounds of ammunition  (Read 1449 times)

rangerrebew

Federal agents arrest 22-year-old man at Hidalgo bridge, seize 1,500 rounds of ammunition

Monday, February 27th 2017

Federal agents arrested a 22-year-old man on Friday, when he attempted to cross the border with more than 1,500 rounds of ammunition.

Agents with Homeland Security Investigations — a division of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement — started following Jacobo Javier Garza-Solis on Friday night.

At 7:15 p.m., agents watched him "buy a large quantity of 7.62x39mm ammunition at a sporting goods store," according to the criminal complaint. After buying the ammunition, Garza drove away in a gold Chevrolet Tahoe.

Agents followed him to the Hidalgo-Reynosa International Bridge.

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/...-of-ammunition

Offline Idiot

Federal agents arrest 22-year-old man at Hidalgo bridge, seize 1,500 rounds of ammunition

Monday, February 27th 2017

Federal agents arrested a 22-year-old man on Friday, when he attempted to cross the border with more than 1,500 rounds of ammunition.

Agents with Homeland Security Investigations — a division of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement — started following Jacobo Javier Garza-Solis on Friday night.

At 7:15 p.m., agents watched him "buy a large quantity of 7.62x39mm ammunition at a sporting goods store," according to the criminal complaint. After buying the ammunition, Garza drove away in a gold Chevrolet Tahoe.

Agents followed him to the Hidalgo-Reynosa International Bridge.

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/...-of-ammunition
Bet he was just going hog hunting. :smokin:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
AK-47/SKS food.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dfwgator

Anyone here really think they would have arrested this guy under the previous administration?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
So they watched him before he bought it?

Must have had some intel.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

They think 1500 rounds is excessive?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

My thought, too.  Sounds like an afternoon at the range.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

It is when you try to take it INTO Mexico.

Just another day at the range on the Texas side of the Rio Grande.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is when you try to take it INTO Mexico.

Just another day at the range on the Texas side of the Rio Grande.

Yeah, the "international bridge" aspect of the story does pique interest.

I've seen people thrown into Mexican prison for being caught with ONE round.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:41:35 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

Yeah, the "international bridge" aspect of the story does pique interest.

I've seen people thrown into Mexican prison for being caught with ONE round.

And he admits to doing three times before.  See last sentence of:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3475733/Jacobo-Garza-Ammo-Smuggling-022517.pdf

rangerrebew

The Army is looking for biodegradable bullets that turn to seeds so maybe this was an effort to experiment and help the country? :thud:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The page has disappeared.

Was he entering or exiting Mexico?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Army is looking for biodegradable bullets that turn to seeds so maybe this was an effort to experiment and help the country? :thud:

"Johnny Shotgun Seed."
I will NOT comply.

Offline thackney

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

That's a saturday afternoon.

Trying to enter Mexico again.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3475733/Jacobo-Garza-Ammo-Smuggling-022517.pdf
Thanks.  I did not know the legal name of Mexico is "The United Mexican States".
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Thanks.  I did not know the legal name of Mexico is "The United Mexican States".

Since October 4, 1824.  Some including their president have tried to change that.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/mexico-is-technically-the-united-mexican-states-and-isnt-too-happy-about-it-143048853/

Offline Smokin Joe

On the coinage: Estado Unidos Mexicanos. (United Mexican States).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Since October 4, 1824.  Some including their president have tried to change that.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/mexico-is-technically-the-united-mexican-states-and-isnt-too-happy-about-it-143048853/
Yeah, I get that, just strange a map for the USA says "United States" or "USA" and never just "America" and for UMS says "Mexico" and never "UMS".

geronl

Jose Appleseed?

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, I get that, just strange a map for the USA says "United States" or "USA" and never just "America" and for UMS says "Mexico" and never "UMS".
Their coinage and currency says "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States) on it. I don't know about their maps, but I would guess they'd have the name of the country the same as their currency.

Similarly, an American map of Europe will say "Germany" The Germans spell that "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" (Federal Republic of Germany).

C S Lewis

geronl

Even Wikipedia says "United Mexican States" is the official name.

and it even says this on their official seal