Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Deployed US Navy Has A Pregnancy Problem, And It’s Getting Worse  (Read 2143 times)

rangerrebew

EXCLUSIVE: Deployed US Navy Has A Pregnancy Problem, And It’s Getting Worse
Photo of Richard Pollock
Richard Pollock
Reporter
9:28 PM 03/01/2017

A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group.

That number is up 2 percent from 2015, representing hundreds more who have to cut their deployments short, taxing both their unit’s manpower, military budgets and combat readiness.  Further, such increases cast a shadow over the lofty gender integration goals set by former President Barack Obama.

Overall, women unexpectedly leave their stations on Navy ships as much as 50% more frequently to return to land duty, according to documents obtained from the Navy.  The statistics were compiled by the Navy Personnel Command at the request of TheDCNF, covering the period from January 2015 to September 2016.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/exclusive-deployed-us-navy-has-a-pregnancy-problem-and-its-getting-worse/#ixzz4aB4P3bLA

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
EXCLUSIVE: Deployed US Navy Has A Pregnancy Problem, And It’s Getting Worse
Photo of Richard Pollock
Richard Pollock
Reporter
9:28 PM 03/01/2017

A record 16 out of 100 Navy women are reassigned from ships to shore duty due to pregnancy, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by the Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group.

That number is up 2 percent from 2015, representing hundreds more who have to cut their deployments short, taxing both their unit’s manpower, military budgets and combat readiness.  Further, such increases cast a shadow over the lofty gender integration goals set by former President Barack Obama.

Overall, women unexpectedly leave their stations on Navy ships as much as 50% more frequently to return to land duty, according to documents obtained from the Navy.  The statistics were compiled by the Navy Personnel Command at the request of TheDCNF, covering the period from January 2015 to September 2016.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/01/exclusive-deployed-us-navy-has-a-pregnancy-problem-and-its-getting-worse/#ixzz4aB4P3bLA

This is the deep, dark secret that everyone is nervous to discuss.  Truth is, troops have done all sorts of stuff throughout history to get out of deployments, war zones, or bad situations.  It's why deliberately harming yourself to get out of combat is a court-martial offense.

But pregnancy is a get out of jail free card for any woman who wishes to use it.  Maybe a lot of guys would do the same if Mother Nature gave them that option, but it didn't.  Having a significant part of the deployment force be female opens us up to being literally decimated - or worse -- before a shot is fired.

Offline dfwgator

Gee, who didn't see this coming?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wFEB4Oxlo...

And that's all I have to say about that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Heck I saw this with remote assignments when I was in.  The women who get pregnant should be facing disciplinary action.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

geronl

I know, right?

This was just unforeseeable. lol

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Time to stop the social justice crap with the military.

Grandfather in the women already there and put a stop to it.

Nothing made me angrier than when Obama did it.

Offline dfwgator

I know, right?

This was just unforeseeable. lol

Even Stevie Wonder could have seen it coming.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Even Stevie Wonder could have seen it coming.
Yeah, but he looks around a LOT! :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Time to stop the social justice crap with the military.

Grandfather in the women already there and put a stop to it.

Nothing made me angrier than when Obama did it.

Obama?

http://www.msc.navy.mil/sealift/2003/december/women.htm

In October 1978, in the wake of a court ruling that overturned statutes that forbade women from serving at sea, the Navy launched their Women in Navy Ships program and announced that they would assign 55 women officers and 375 female enlisted personnel to 21 ships during the next year.

- - - - - - - -

https://www.navalhistory.org/2012/03/07/first-women-assigned-to-a-combat-ship

The U. S. Navy issued the first set of orders to women for duty aboard a combat ship, the USS Eisenhower (CVN-69) on March 7, 1994.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:45:15 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline rodamala

rangerrebew

When I was in, we never had a single pregnancy aboard the ship I was on.  Of course, women weren't allowed aboard in those days which may have something to do with it. :silly:

Offline Joe Wooten

The libs who pushed it. I remember the debates back 30 years ago and how those who talked about human nature when young men and women are put together in close quarters for months at a time were derided as Neanderthals for such outdated attitudes.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This is the deep, dark secret that everyone is nervous to discuss.  Truth is, troops have done all sorts of stuff throughout history to get out of deployments, war zones, or bad situations.  It's why deliberately harming yourself to get out of combat is a court-martial offense.

But pregnancy is a get out of jail free card for any woman who wishes to use it.  Maybe a lot of guys would do the same if Mother Nature gave them that option, but it didn't.  Having a significant part of the deployment force be female opens us up to being literally decimated - or worse -- before a shot is fired.
Bradley Manning came up with a new way. Just say you feel like a (pregnant) woman.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rivergirl

For years now our naval vessels have been referred to as LOVE BOATS

Offline Rivergirl

When I was in, we never had a single pregnancy aboard the ship I was on.  Of course, women weren't allowed aboard in those days which may have something to do with it. :silly:
Thanks for your service.