Author Topic: DREAMer arrested in Miss. after speaking about immigration issues  (Read 1033 times)

Wingnut

Oppps!   

JACKSON, Miss. -- A woman who identified herself as a DREAMer was arrested after speaking at an immigration press conference in Jackson, Mississippi, CBS affiliate WJTV reports.

The arrest came amid a string of immigration raids and a lack of clarity about the scope of the Trump administration’s plans for deportations.

Daniela Vargas was taken into custody on Wednesday, according to attorneys Ramiro Orozco and Abby Peterson and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

At the press conference, members of the metro area’s Latino community spoke about recent U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raids and President Trump’s first speech to a joint session of Congress. Abby Peterson, an attorney for Vargas, said that Vargas spoke about her life story.

CBS affiliate WJTV reports that she discussed recent events involving her family. Her brother and father were arrested on February 15 after ICE agents came to their home, according to the station.

“Today, my father and brother await deportation while I continue to fight this battle as a DREAMer to help contribute to this country which I very much feel is my country,” Vargas said, WJTV reported.

Vargas left Wednesday’s event in a friend’s car, Peterson said. They were pulled over minutes later by two ICE vehicles. Approximately four agents approached the vehicle and took Vargas into custody, according to Peterson.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dreamer-arrested-after-speaking-about-immigration-issues/

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: DREAMer arrested in Miss. after speaking about immigration issues
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:11:38 am »
Hilarious. This nit wit is doing something illegal, so she heads out and draws attention to herself. She should be thrown out just for her stupidity.

BTW, I love how she was incognito in a Buddy Holly disguise....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:23:04 am »
Bullying Frank Cannon called Donald Trump a piece of shit,

And this slandering bleep assaulted my dignity yesterday for nothing in comparison, what bullying rubbish.

GeronL has said nothing nearly as bad about Trump. Frank Cannon must be a liberal democrat, oh, finally said something about hillary or obama, not nearly as bad.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:24:03 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 07:43:52 am »

And this slandering bleep assaulted my dignity yesterday for nothing in comparison, what bullying rubbish.

GeronL has said nothing nearly as bad about Trump. Frank Cannon must be a liberal democrat, oh, finally said something about hillary or obama, not nearly as bad.

I just wanted to quote this before you changed it so everyone can read your stilted, poorly worded comment. It is almost as though your first language is not English, which is what I have suspected for some time. I also note that you are not aware of pop culture and other concepts that most of the other posters here are aware of. Add to that the fact that use used British pounds to discuss the cost of something when there is only one poster here (EC) who would do that. You don't add up.

Beyond that, this post makes no sense. What exactly are you talking about? Oh yeah. Nothing as usual.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 12:58:44 pm »
Guys, if you want to fight, take it outside.  You're ruining my good mood.   22222frying pan

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 01:05:58 pm »
Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 01:06:54 pm »
I just wanted to quote this before you changed it so everyone can read your stilted, poorly worded comment. It is almost as though your first language is not English, which is what I have suspected for some time. I also note that you are not aware of pop culture and other concepts that most of the other posters here are aware of. Add to that the fact that use used British pounds to discuss the cost of something when there is only one poster here (EC) who would do that. You don't add up.

Beyond that, this post makes no sense. What exactly are you talking about? Oh yeah. Nothing as usual.

Frank, what did you do to trigger him this time? Breathe? Wake up this morning? Make coffee?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:07:42 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 02:16:24 pm »
Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer.
@dfwgator
She should have stayed in School, asked for Asylum instead of comitting the Crime of the Century.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 02:21:23 pm »
BTW, I love how she was incognito in a Buddy Holly disguise....
She could have used a tie to complete the ensemble.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 02:30:50 pm »

A bolo of course.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »

I think the only neck tie they know how to do down in South America is Colombian.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:06:28 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 04:07:15 pm »
@dfwgator
She should have stayed in School, asked for Asylum instead of comitting the Crime of the Century.

Well she won't be having Breakfast in America anymore.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 04:46:59 pm »

Is it too early to start drinking?  Maybe there's some Oxy in the medicine cabinet....
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 05:03:39 pm »
Not even in the quietest moments.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 05:09:07 pm »
"The arrest came amid a string of immigration raids and a lack of clarity about the scope of the Trump administration’s plans for deportations."

Why does the scope of Trumps plans even matter?  There are laws on the books that are being enforced, end of story. Adios!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 05:49:56 pm »

Not even in the quietest moments.

Bloody Well Right!