Author Topic: Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose  (Read 12284 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Emjay is spot on.

YOU get a grip. You don't want discussion here, just a conservative echo chamber.

Now where do I know of a conservative echo chamber...  :pondering:
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

If you say something to the effect of "i thought this was a conservative site" you are saying "i don't like that opinions other than mine" are allowed to be expressed here.

Why don't you just ask Mystery AK to make a statement after each thing you post to the effect that "WTF had posted a topic.  Kindly do not disagree or he will get all het up and threaten to send you back to Free Republic."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

Thank you. I'll take your word for it. It was a brief sound bite I heard and I may have gotten it wrong. So you are saying he clearly lied about it. That isn't what I expected from Sessions and unlike some I expect more from our politicians, particularly our chief law enforcement official.

@DB

Actually I don't believe he lied.  I think he was speaking solely of issues related to the campaign, and not his role as a Senator. 

Online DB

@DB

Actually I don't believe he lied.  I think he was speaking solely of issues related to the campaign, and not his role as a Senator.

Well that was my first take too but you gave me the actual quote and this part "I did not have communications with the Russians." doesn't look good to me as far as being truthful - assuming he did in fact have communications with the Russians.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Well that was my first take too but you gave me the actual quote and this part "I did not have communications with the Russians." doesn't look good to me as far as being truthful - assuming he did in fact have communications with the Russians.

Is the concept of examination of the context of a snippet of s dialog of any real interest to you? If it were, you might want to find the transcript of Sessions' exchange with Franken. I have seen it several places today.

Also Andrew McCarthy has a good piece on an aspect of the current rabid moon battery....

The Perjury Allegation against Jeff Sessions Is Meritless

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445416/jeff-sessions-perjury-allegation-meritless-al-franken-congressional-testimony

edit: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,252000.msg1247747/topicseen.html#msg1247747

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:56:43 pm by don-o »

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

Is the concept of examination of the context of a snippet of s dialog of any real interest to you? If it were, you might want to find the transcript of Sessions' exchange with Franken. I have seen it several places today.

Also Andrew McCarthy has a good piece on an aspect of the current rabid moon battery....

The Perjury Allegation against Jeff Sessions Is Meritless

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445416/jeff-sessions-perjury-allegation-meritless-al-franken-congressional-testimony

edit: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,252000.msg1247747/topicseen.html#msg1247747

Getting a little snarky are we?

I'm very busy with lots of major problems in my life. I'm not spending much time keeping up with all this at the moment. My first post to this thread was simply based on a sound bite I heard. Someone else further filled that in and I thanked her for that. We can debate the meaning of 'is' if you like but all this would be much simpler if people were simply honest and not trying to cleverly evade. Then you don't get caught in the seeming contradiction.

Offline anubias

You are really going to equate whatever it was that Sessions did with that?  Really??!?!?!?! Come on, you're smarter than that.

Do you read his posts?  I'm shocked that you came to the conclusion that you did.  :scratching head:

Offline Idiot

Go back to Free Republic if you want an echo chamber.
Ok bub....you just received the honored position of being my only person on ignore.
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:36:06 am by mrpotatohead »