Author Topic: Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose  (Read 12387 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@mystery-ak
@CatherineofAragon

Not only did he meet this man in his office where he meets other ambassadors, he also talked with him at the Republican Convention.  Since when does the Russian Ambassador go to a Republican Convention?  That is the one I think is strange.

Sessions could have talked about both times, explaining them, and that would be that, but saying he DID NOT meet/talk with any Russians, was just wrong.  I hope he can recuse himself from that case and stop this. 

He will speak to the press at 3 pm, central time.

That's the same GOP convention where the Trump team lobbied for and got a change in the GOP platform that is much friendlier to Russia and a betrayal of our Ukrainian allies.

Trump campaign guts GOP’s anti-Russia stance on Ukraine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/trump-campaign-guts-gops-anti-russia-stance-on-ukraine/2016/07/18/98adb3b0-4cf3-11e6-a7d8-13d06b37f256_story.html?utm_term=.46bb37ff8a46

The Trump campaign worked behind the scenes last week to make sure the new Republican platform won’t call for giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russian and rebel forces, contradicting the view of almost all Republican foreign policy leaders in Washington.

Throughout the campaign, Trump has been dismissive of calls for supporting the Ukraine government as it fights an ongoing Russian-led intervention. Trump’s campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, worked as a lobbyist for the Russian-backed former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych for more than a decade.

Still, Republican delegates at last week’s national security committee platform meeting in Cleveland were surprised when the Trump campaign orchestrated a set of events to make sure that the GOP would not pledge to give Ukraine the weapons it has been asking for from the United States.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:48:00 pm by Cripplecreek »

geronl

So should he have told them everyone he has ever met?   

If you are meeting foreign officials, yes you disclose this when you seek a high position in the US government.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
A US Senator should not be having secret chats with foreign officials, period

Agree!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

The "Lion of the Senate".

Don't tell me there aren't a different set of rules for Democrats and Republicans.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ahhh, whataboutism.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The "Lion of the Senate".

Don't tell me there aren't a different set of rules for Democrats and Republicans.

And that is EXACTLY what is going on here.  Valarie Jarrett  is running the entire operation.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

Ahhh, whataboutism.

Yeah, "whataboutism", you damned right.    This is a nothing burger compared to what Democrats do.   Ted Kennedy certainly didn't have his career derailed because of his very real treason.

• Technical
Yeah, "whataboutism", you damned right.    This is a nothing burger compared to what Democrats do.   Ted Kennedy certainly didn't have his career derailed because of his very real treason.

Yeah and his quasi-replacement, LIzzy Warren, lied about being a native american and got elected anyway. COmplete farce and guess what? Still doesn't make it right for our side.

Offline dfwgator

Yeah and his quasi-replacement, LIzzy Warren, lied about being a native american and got elected anyway. COmplete farce and guess what? Still doesn't make it right for our side.

You are really going to equate whatever it was that Sessions did with that?  Really??!?!?!?! Come on, you're smarter than that.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You haven't even been here a year and you want to turn it into FR.

Get a grip, WTF.  You can't answer every dissenting voice with some snide comment about going back to FR.

If you post something, be prepared to defend it and not with childish taunts.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

Without question!  There is NO doubt about it!

Ok...that will leave us with Pence and I'm not confident that he will carry out any of Trump's agenda even remotely.  I'm still trying to figure out why Trump chose Pence ... you're thoughts please Bigun on Pence.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

• Technical
Get a grip, WTF.  You can't answer every dissenting voice with some snide comment about going back to FR.

If you post something, be prepared to defend it and not with childish taunts.

YOU get a grip. You don't want discussion here, just a conservative echo chamber.

Now where do I know of a conservative echo chamber...  :pondering:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:11:14 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Ok...that will leave us with Pence and I'm not confident that he will carry out any of Trump's agenda even remotely.  I'm still trying to figure out why Trump chose Pence ... you're thoughts please Bigun on Pence.

I like him immensely! But I am FAR from ready to give up on Trump!  FAR from that!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I like him immensely! But I am FAR from ready to give up on Trump!  FAR from that!

Thank you.  I always value your opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

YOU get a grip. You don't want discussion here, just a conservative echo chamber.

Now where do I know of a conservative echo chamber...  :pondering:

Apparently, that is all you know.  Do you have other words?  If so, use them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Ok...that will leave us with Pence and I'm not confident that he will carry out any of Trump's agenda even remotely. 

Pence will be neutered (if he's permitted to stay) and the Republicans in Congress will surrender--this time in the open.

We are, simply put, in the middle of a coup--orchestrated from Obama's home in DC with Jarrett as the General and Congressional Democrats and the media as the ground troops.

Offline Victoria33

Sessions has "recused himself from Russia investigations."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:18:28 pm by Victoria33 »

• Technical
Apparently, that is all you know.  Do you have other words?  If so, use them.

If you say something to the effect of "i thought this was a conservative site" you are saying "i don't like that opinions other than mine" are allowed to be expressed here.

Offline Victoria33

Sessions:  "I don't recall any specific political discussions with Ambassador."

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Sessions has "recused himself from Russia investigations."

That is 100% false!  Never said anything REMOTELY like that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

Sessions will amend his answers to the committee.

Offline Victoria33

That is 100% false!  Never said anything REMOTELY like that!
@Bigun

Speak to Fox and CNN, it is on both channels in big letters.
I also heard him say it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:26:57 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Speak to Fox and CNN, it is on both channels in big letters.
I also heard him say it.

He said that he was recusing himsel from any investigations of THE CAMPAIGN the word Russian was not uttered!  I was sitting here watching and paying close attention to every single word he said!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The current headline on Fox News is also FALSE.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

@DB   

I have the exchange-- or one of them---onscreen now.  Franken asked what Sessions would do if anyone affiliated with the campaign communicated with the Russian government.  Sessions replied, "I'm not aware of any of those activities.  I have been called a surrogate a time or two, and I did not have communications with the Russians."

CNN showed a clip of Sessions walking to a car; he told reporters he would recuse himself "whenever it's appropriate, no doubt about that."

Thank you. I'll take your word for it. It was a brief sound bite I heard and I may have gotten it wrong. So you are saying he clearly lied about it. That isn't what I expected from Sessions and unlike some I expect more from our politicians, particularly our chief law enforcement official.