Author Topic: Here's what McDonald's plans to do to win back 500 million lost customer visits  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Suppressed

I like Five Guys too. :)

Much better than the three big burger chains. I regret I've never had Carl's Jr. Every time I've seen "idiocracy" I feel sad because I've never had one of their burgers. (True confession)

That's funny, because I love that movie and feel the same way whenever I watch it!

I wonder how close Hardee's is to it. For some reason, I never go to the two Hardee's near me. I think thir burgers are grease and harder to eat on the run..and I very rarely eat in for fast food.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I feel the same about Fuddrucker's....

But strangely, I don't feel that way about Starbucks, or Costco. 

I also miss King of the Hill. Mike Judge is brilliant.,
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 04:28:48 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

geronl

Years ago I had an In and Out Burger.

I thought that was the best fast food burger I ever tasted.

They are building one in our town.

geronl

There is an expensive Mexican food place here that always seems to be busy (expensive like $2.99 for chips n salsa or one taco) but a new one has opened, maybe a little less expensive, that was packed last night. That's some real competition. The new one will start opening for lunch very soon, which suggests business is good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I like the double cheeseburger at McDonald's. And the chicken sandwich with the hot mustard sauce on it, he one they have (had?) for the nuggets. But I don't eat there much.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I like the double cheeseburger at McDonald's. And the chicken sandwich with the hot mustard sauce on it, he one they have (had?) for the nuggets. But I don't eat there much.

The double cheeseburger is good but the food there makes you feel disgusting after eating it. I've always wondered why.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

The double cheeseburger is good but the food there makes you feel disgusting after eating it. I've always wondered why.

I think it is the ingredients that induce the high calorie count. Shocks the system. The fries alone don't do that to me though.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

The McDouble and Fries is what I buy most often. I used to get the McChicken but they only ever have the spicy one here.

Online roamer_1

Alright - All this talk about McDonalds... I went there last night, just before Shabbat fell. It's been months since I've been there (maybe early fall was the last time), but I was too late to cook, and I had been wanting to try the Big Mac Grand, so that's what I did.

It brought a sort of nostalgia to me - That Big Mac Grand might be a touch bigger, but that sandwich is how I remember the Big Mac...  A huge handful, a little sloppy, almost necessitating a two-hand hold. Of course it hasn't been like that for years but that is what I remember it as.

That nostalgia made the fries suck more than normal - with a real Big Mac in my hand, my taste buds dialed back to expect real McDonald's french fries with it... But for the first time in years (and I am talking decades here), I was satisfied by a single sandwich at  McDonalds, and for the first time ever, I couldn't finish my food, because I was sated.

Price-point wise, If I don't have to order an extra sandwich or two, eating at McDonalds just got a whole lot cheaper. Still feels pricey, but decent quantity might bring them back in line with BK and Wendy's. Of late, Burger King is my favorite of the three - A Double-Whopper Cheese (loaded) meal is still pretty hard to beat.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Stopped going to McDonalds two days after they removed the Big Breakfast from the menu (was late getting the memo). It was the only thing actually good there - I used to stop for one a couple times a week.

I still go into McDonalds - they have clean toilets. Just won't buy the food.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

Stopped going to McDonalds two days after they removed the Big Breakfast from the menu

I must have missed that, but that was one of their better offerings. I liked those little hash-browns.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Stopped going to McDonalds two days after they removed the Big Breakfast from the menu (was late getting the memo). It was the only thing actually good there - I used to stop for one a couple times a week.

I still go into McDonalds - they have clean toilets. Just won't buy the food.  :tongue2:

I'm a big fan of the McMuffin and Sausage Biscuit with Egg. They have good breakfast sandwiches there, frankly, I find they're better than everywhere else. Not sure why. No other place can make a decent breakfast sandwich for some reason.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I'm a big fan of the McMuffin and Sausage Biscuit with Egg. They have good breakfast sandwiches there, frankly, I find they're better than everywhere else. Not sure why. No other place can make a decent breakfast sandwich for some reason.

We make our own McMuffin. Use vegetable spray in a coffee mug/cup. Put an egg in and mix a little. Microwave it (for a few seconds--about 30). Toast and butter an english muffin, throw on a slice of cheese , sausage patty, and the egg. Bodabing.

Online roamer_1

We make our own McMuffin. Use vegetable spray in a coffee mug/cup. Put an egg in and mix a little. Microwave it (for a few seconds--about 30). Toast and butter an english muffin, throw on a slice of cheese , sausage patty, and the egg. Bodabing.

Yep, me too - Only thing I'd add is to drop the buttered toasted muffin sides into the pan your sausage is in to brown their faces just a touch. Picks up a little more flavor and a bit of a deep-fry crunch...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Yep, me too - Only thing I'd add is to drop the buttered toasted muffin sides into the pan your sausage is in to brown their faces just a touch. Picks up a little more flavor and a bit of a deep-fry crunch...

Nice touch. I make my own sausage so I have the flavor. I used to work in a Mcdonald's ages ago. We slathered the butter on the muffins. And I mean slathered. I don't put so much butter on mine now. Girlish figure and all.  ^-^

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Prefer a good fried slice to a muffin. Drop the slice of bread in the bacon pan with a bit more butter, turn it a couple times to coat it and cook like hell for a few minutes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online roamer_1

Prefer a good fried slice to a muffin. Drop the slice of bread in the bacon pan with a bit more butter, turn it a couple times to coat it and cook like hell for a few minutes.

Dust it with pepper, and a whiff of garlic salt, and I am right there with you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I thought I was the only person in the world who did that with the egg.  I have a soup cup I like because it's the perfect size for a bagel or muffin.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

Go to DIY ordering and you'll have a big hit

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Go to DIY ordering and you'll have a big hit

That's the direction it's heading, @Oceander.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I thought I was the only person in the world who did that with the egg.  I have a soup cup I like because it's the perfect size for a bagel or muffin.

uh huh

You are EXACTLY LIKE ME, Cyber. heh heh heh

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
uh huh

You are EXACTLY LIKE ME, Cyber. heh heh heh

Well, except for the sane part, yeah.   888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They are building one in our town.

Fast Food Burger and in Texas?  It's gotta be.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Well, except for the sane part, yeah.   888high58888

You're not sane? Sounds crazy enough to be believable.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're not sane? Sounds crazy enough to be believable.

I just don't know.  Don't press me Fred.
I will NOT comply.