Author Topic: Michael Moore: Trump used Navy SEAL’s widow as ‘f-you’ to critics  (Read 1251 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: http://www.thehill.com/media/321755-michael-moore-trump-used-navy-seals-widow-as-f-you-to-critics

by Joe Concha

Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore on Tuesday slammed President Trump’s address to Congress, saying the president "used" the widow of a slain Navy SEAL as an “f-you” to those criticizing the raid on an al Qaeda base in Yemen that killed him.

Carryn Owens, the widow of Chief Petty Officer William "Ryan" Owens, was in the audience during Trump’s speech and received a standing ovation from the chamber as she fought back tears.

Moore said Trump invited Owens as a prop to deflect criticism of the mission.

“That’s why she’s there, as sort of an ‘f-you’ to the people who are criticizing him for this,” Moore told MSNBC's Chris Matthews after the address. “And this poor woman, this widow who has lost her husband, she is in desperate grief right now.

“To use that to put another notch on his belt — and what is he thinking about? ‘My ratings. Record applause. I’m going to get an Emmy for this! Most applause for a dead soldier on my watch!’” “This is the sickness of this man,” Moore concluded.

Ryan Owens was killed on Jan. 29 in a special forces raid, marking the first U.S. serviceman lost in combat with Trump as commander in chief.

The mission was planned during the Obama administration, and Trump approved the raid days after taking office.

In addition to Owens, 20 civilians were killed in the attack, including a number of children, along with 14 al Qaeda militants.

Trump has called the mission a success because of intelligence gathered in the raid.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link ...

Offline SirLinksALot

And the haters have started to tweet....

Offline SirLinksALot

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Meanwhile, Dem congressmen had DACA illegals with them in the crowd to use as an f-u to Trump's immigration policy, but hey that's ok.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Rivergirl

We are a military family.......going back to father in law serving in WW 1.
That entire scene made me so uncomfortable
And then that last comment.  Ryan is looking down and would be so happy......he broke the record.

Offline Night Hides Not

Didn't watch the speech. I've always been uncomfortable using servicemen and families during a political gathering. Every one does it, Trump's reaction to Democrats, i.e. whom he invited was a rational response. There is no doubt in my mind the Democrats started it when they telegraphed their intentions.

Glad I missed the spectacle.

ETA: Hey, DC! Would y'all get to work for once? Congress has already had a week off...WTH???
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:52:38 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So it's kinda like using a Gold Star Family as a political prop at your party convention right Mikey?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

Now I'm confused. Wasn't Trump one of those that was critical of the mission?
So how is honoring the wife of the fallen saying fu to anyone?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
But Cindy Sheehan's antics and the leftists using her was perfectly fine...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Silver Pines

Right, because you know how it is with dumb women....we have no autonomy.  We're just puppets to be used.

Now, if she had put on a pink bleep hat?  THAT'S a strong woman!  Not some chick who struggles through her grief to come to DC so that her husband's memory can be honored.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Re: Michael Moore: Trump used Navy SEAL’s widow as ‘f-you’ to critics
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:47 pm »
It is amazing how for 8 years the media for the most part ignored US Military casualties. Bush handed off what was basically a victory in Iraq and the Taliban on the run in Afghanistan. The total casualties in 7 years of war was 558 killed and 2702 injured. In the 8 years of Obama those numbers were 2247 killed and 17535 injured.
The media was keeping a running tally of casualties while Bush was President. Then they took a 8 year hiatus. Now they are resuming the count. I don't mind that Ryan Owens is a name that is now imprinted on our memory, but I don't think that was the goal of the press.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 05:22:31 pm »
Quite frankly I'm tired of BOTH sides of the aisle using those of us in uniform as cheap props.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 05:37:24 pm »

Is that representative Tulsi Gabbard standing next to Ivanas' husband? Sure looks like it. Tulsi Gabbard is rapidly becoming one of my favorite members of the House.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 05:42:55 pm »
And the haters have started to tweet....

I don't think calling her an "idiot" would help her much either.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 05:47:49 pm »
I don't think calling her an "idiot" would help her much either.

Reaction was fierce, lol.

http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2017/03/hillary-staffer-dan-grilo-hides-from-internet-after-post-bashing-dead-navy-seals-wife/

Yeah, the coward pulled his twitter page.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 05:51:20 pm »
You're slowing down, Frank!  Beat you by 52 seconds...lol.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 05:56:04 pm »
You're slowing down, Frank!  Beat you by 52 seconds...lol.

True, but I just found the Reddit screen grab to one up you....

http://archive.is/KE5vs