Author Topic: Trump wants compromise immigration bill: reports  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Vulcan

Re: Trump wants compromise immigration bill: reports
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 02:12:58 am »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 02:15:56 am »
:silly:

:pop41:

Suckers!

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I am taking note that you are celebrating with great joy what you think will be the further destruction of America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 02:23:01 am »
Getting 50% of what we want is still a heck of a lot better than nothing.

@dfwgator

You are wasting your time. If Trump compromised and still got 99 percent of what he wanted,they would still be high-fiving each other in glee.

They are Party People,not patriots. They are pissed a outsider took the prize away from their Maximum Leader,and they are going to stay pissed. In fact,the only thing that will make them happy is if Trump fails to the point that America fails.

"I told you so!" is more important to them than the continued existence of America.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 02:29:45 am »
Here comes amnesty!  If only somebody had warned us this would happen.

@cato potatoe

And it is going to absolutely break your heart if there is no amnesty,won't it?

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 02:58:56 am »
@cato potatoe

I'm just glad a WASP male is going to sign the amnesty bill.  That way it will be a patriotic amnesty.

Offline endicom

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 03:03:55 am »
@cato potatoe

@sneakypete

There's amnesty and then there's amnesty: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=251674.new#new

We'll see.

geronl

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 07:00:34 am »
The fix is in.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 03:14:23 pm »
This may be a compromise with the Senators, who knows. Better to get something done than nothing.

Trump certainly is proving tough on immigration and border security.  Unless one doesn't read the news.

I don't need to read the news: Trump is urinating down our backs, and telling us it's raining. He's a deal-maker, and that's what deal-makers do. He has 60 days left on his first 100, time is winding down on getting something done.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 03:17:32 pm »
I am taking note that you are celebrating with great joy what you think will be the further destruction of America.

I think the further destruction of the US was started back in April-May when Trump was chosen. Too late for that, broski.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:51 pm »

I think the further destruction of the US was started back in April-May when Trump was chosen. Too late for that, broski.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »
I don't need to read the news: Trump is urinating down our backs, and telling us it's raining. He's a deal-maker, and that's what deal-makers do. He has 60 days left on his first 100, time is winding down on getting something done.

Some democrats are figuring out that all they need to do is provide the path of least resistance  and Trump will flow to the ground like electricity. Basically all the democrats have to do is promise Trump a wall in return for amnesty for DREAMers. Then they can slow walk the wall as they collect millions of new voters. In 4 years they will have millions of new voters who will elect democrats to end border control for good. I know my union democrat family members are already pushing Dems to make a deal so unions can line their pockets with taxpayer dollars and they aren't worried about illegal immigration as long as the illegals are willing to unionize.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 06:05:31 pm »

It's up to Congress.

Amazing how your attitude on this changes when Trump backpeddles.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 06:08:39 pm »
:silly:

:pop41:

Suckers!

And you fell for the Fake News, who is the sucker now?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2017, 06:09:13 pm »

It is reporting from the Hill.  This rag has an agenda to push.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »
I'll wait and see what's in the bill.  If it contains any form of amnesty I'll be as much against it as I have ever been.

Amnesty is a cold slap in the face to everyone who ever came here the right way and all those currently standing in line trying to do that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 06:17:03 pm »
I'll wait and see what's in the bill.  If it contains any form of amnesty I'll be as much against it as I have ever been.

Amnesty is a cold slap in the face to everyone who ever came here the right way and all those currently standing in line trying to do that!

If you listened to Trumps' SotU address he did not back down at all on immigration.

Dreamers have always been a problem and Trump has ALWAYS said that they must be dealt with in humane fashion.   I it is very difficult to argue that someone that has grown up in the USA, that only knows the USA,  should be deported to a country and culture they have never known. Good luck trying to sell that to the American people.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »
Here comes amnesty!  If only somebody had warned us this would happen.

I'll gladly take "amnesty" in exchange for fundamental reform of the immigration laws and their enforcement going forward.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 06:17:47 pm »
You're right, but it was the Trump supporters who went nuts about immigration and how Trump was so much tougher than Sen. Cruz. We in the Cruz camp knew this wasn't true.

I didn't read  quite as much compromise in his remarks as some of you did.  People here are mired in all of their pre-conceived notions.  The long-time trumpers wanted him to bring an illegal alien on stage and personally beat him to death with Negan's bat.

The long-time anti-trumpers are seeing any hint of compromise as a betrayal, even though it's always been a given that some compromise is necessary to get anything good done.

It' fun to watch.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2017, 06:19:26 pm »
If you listened to Trumps' SotU address he did not back down at all on immigration.

As I was reminded yesterday...it wasn't a State of The Union Address.

Dreamers have always been a problem and Trump has ALWAYS said that they must be dealt with in humane fashion.   I it is very difficult to argue that someone that has grown up in the USA, that only knows the USA,  should be deported to a country and culture they have never known. Good luck trying to sell that to the American people.

Don't remember him one time during the election talking about any illegals being dealt with in a human fashion and none of the Trump supporters here were touting that...all any of us heard incessantly was WALL!!!!!!

Now you're all beginning to sound like the Gang of 8 when it comes to this issue.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »
I'll gladly take "amnesty" in exchange for fundamental reform of the immigration laws and their enforcement going forward.

So just give a big middle finger to those that went through the process the correct way?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2017, 06:20:24 pm »

We tried that in 86, Rats simply will not enforce the law. Which is why is it very important to enforce the law while we can. Could be we only have two years to do so.

Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »

That is what progressives want.  How about we just enforce current laws and forget about amnesty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »
That is what progressives want.  How about we just enforce current laws and forget about amnesty.

That would be my preferred path by far!  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2017, 06:36:21 pm »
As I was reminded yesterday...it wasn't a State of The Union Address.

Don't remember him one time during the election talking about any illegals being dealt with in a human fashion and none of the Trump supporters here were touting that...all any of us heard incessantly was WALL!!!!!!

Now you're all beginning to sound like the Gang of 8 when it comes to this issue.

Of course you didn't hear it. You only hear want you want to hear when it comes to Trump.

If you want to turn the entire country against Trump, and we all know that is exactly what you NeverTrumpers want to do, then start deporting teenagers that have lived in the USA either all of their life or since early childhood. Dreamers have to be dealt with on a case by case basis. Everyone knows that. And Trump has said as much.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2017, 06:36:53 pm »
So.... Trump honoring the victims of illegal alien violence didn't do it for you?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.