Author Topic: Black History Month Is Over…And  (Read 576 times)

Offline endicom

Black History Month Is Over…And
« on: February 28, 2017, 07:30:54 pm »
Townhall
Allen West
Feb. 28, 2017

At the beginning of the month, I wrote a missive entitled “It’s Black History Month…and” for Townhall. The purpose was to set the stage to see what vital policies affecting the black community would be addressed in this focus month. And so I will revisit the issue since Black History Month, 2017, is over.

I am quite sure there will be much to say about Viola Davis winning an Oscar for her screen performance, but what recognition or reward do struggling black Mothers get? And I am not talking about a welfare check and section eight housing. Consider the recognition that the movie “Hidden Figures” received at the Academy Awards, and all the rave reviews. I cannot tell you how many people said it was a “must see” movie. However, ask yourself, with today’s public education system in our inner cities, to which young black kids are relegated, could those characters be replicated today?

More... https://townhall.com/columnists/allenwest/2017/02/28/black-history-month-is-overand-n2291935

Offline endicom

Re: Black History Month Is Over…And
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 07:31:24 pm »
This is what you write when you seek real change.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 07:40:05 pm »
Blacks got 50% of the top four acting awards, marking the end of the Obama era, of affirmative action awareness.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:01:52 am »
   I do love this guy, in a metaphorically way, of course.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 12:05:14 am »
This is what you write when you seek real change.

:amen:  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 02:31:16 am »
Townhall
Allen West
Feb. 28, 2017

. . . Consider the recognition that the movie “Hidden Figures” received at the Academy Awards, and all the rave reviews. I cannot tell you how many people said it was a “must see” movie. However, ask yourself, with today’s public education system in our inner cities, to which young black kids are relegated, could those characters be replicated today?

Notwithstanding the unique (and troubling) circumstances under which those three women did what they did
to achieve what they did, West asks an excellent and almost equally troubling question. To which the answer
isn't in today's public schools, which would probably do those three women (if they were beginning their
educations today) far more harm than good.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 02:40:55 am »
Notwithstanding the unique (and troubling) circumstances under which those three women did what they did
to achieve what they did, West asks an excellent and almost equally troubling question. To which the answer
isn't in today's public schools, which would probably do those three women (if they were beginning their
educations today) far more harm than good.

Probably so.

Despite the problems of the past, black Americans were often entrepreneurial and studious. Lifting themselves by their own bootstraps and reaping the personal pride that comes with doing so. Government largess robs people of that personal pride, that sense of achievement.   

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 02:52:21 am »
Government largess robs people of that personal pride, that sense of achievement.

All people, alas.

And too many of them don't see it.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.