Author Topic: Trump: No plans to fill 'unnecessary' appointed positions  (Read 656 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: No plans to fill 'unnecessary' appointed positions
« on: February 28, 2017, 04:43:58 pm »

By Cody Derespina Published February 28, 2017 FoxNews.com

President Trump agrees the government glass is half empty. He just doesn’t necessarily mind it.

Trump, in an exclusive interview Tuesday with “Fox & Friends,” suggested his lack of political appointees is less about a difficulty in finding eager candidates and more about a desire for a leaner government operation.

“When I see a story about ‘Donald Trump didn’t fill hundreds and hundreds of jobs,’ it’s because, in many cases, we don’t want to fill those jobs,” Trump said.

more w/video
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/28/trump-no-plans-to-fill-unnecessary-appointed-positions.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: No plans to fill 'unnecessary' appointed positions
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:46:46 pm »
...hmm... I find this a little concerning coming from someone who has never been in government nor knew the functionality of the government; positions included.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 05:12:03 pm »
...hmm... I find this a little concerning coming from someone who has never been in government nor knew the functionality of the government; positions included.

Political feather bedding. Jobbery. The more common term escapes me at the moment.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 05:14:41 pm »

Meh, you could probably get rid of 50% of all government jobs and not miss a beat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »

There are some 500 of these patronage positions. You are telling me we need these purely political hack jobs filled or the place will fall apart?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 05:22:39 pm »
Trump has advisors, not comparing him to RR, but Reagan did delegate a lot of his duties, he was known for that.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 05:31:58 pm »

By Cody Derespina Published February 28, 2017 FoxNews.com

President Trump agrees the government glass is half empty. He just doesn’t necessarily mind it.

Trump, in an exclusive interview Tuesday with “Fox & Friends,” suggested his lack of political appointees is less about a difficulty in finding eager candidates and more about a desire for a leaner government operation.

“When I see a story about ‘Donald Trump didn’t fill hundreds and hundreds of jobs,’ it’s because, in many cases, we don’t want to fill those jobs,” Trump said.

more w/video
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/28/trump-no-plans-to-fill-unnecessary-appointed-positions.html
Not a problem...Trump makes all the decisions anyway.  :smokin:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 07:53:08 pm »

Political feather bedding. Jobbery. The more common term escapes me at the moment.

Might it be "cronyism" @endicom --- and isn't it refreshing to have a President who doesn't owe anything to every millionaire with a family member in need of a job?   ^-^

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 08:06:09 pm »
Might it be "cronyism" @endicom --- and isn't it refreshing to have a President who doesn't owe anything to every millionaire with a family member in need of a job?   ^-^

@Frank Cannon came up with the word, 'patronage.'

You may be right. Maybe it's that he doesn't have to fill those fluff jobs.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »
I remember working for a very smart high level manager, who espoused this slogan:

"What are we doing why are we doing it, and when are we going to stop?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »

Plum positions.  Payola.  Pork.  Bribes.  Graft....

Less of it with Trump.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:59:59 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 12:02:47 am »

I find it extremely encouraging.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien