Author Topic: WikiLeaks Drops Bombshell on John McCain, He Solicited Money for His Campaign from Russian Ambassador Who Suddenly Died Monday in NYC  (Read 1883 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
McCain is running the risk of having his legacy as a POW worthy of America's respect being completely subsumed by his reputation for utter corruption as an elected representative.

That train left the station some time ago.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
And I get 2-3 per week (or more) from candidates, politicians, and PACs, from all over the country, even outside campaign season. I'm apparently on a lot of mailing lists. And that doesn't even count email spam, I'm just referring to physical letters like this one.

Political animals be it the opposition party or Russian diplomats get mail like that because its their job to know what is going on. In the case of Ted Cruz a democrat staffer came out and explained that they subscribe to every politician's mailing lists and that no republicans were targeting the democrat party for fundraising.

If I'm not mistaken, Donald Trump was accused of soliciting money from an Irish politician who then threw a public fit about it. I didn't comment on it much because I recognized it for what it was and I'm an adult.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Donald Trump accused in complaint of 'illegally soliciting funds' from foreigners

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-accused-complaint-illegally-035855697.html

"Donald J. Trump's presidential campaign committee is violating black-letter federal law by sending campaign fundraising emails to foreign nationals," Paul Ryan,(No not that Paul Ryan) deputy executive director of the Washington-based Campaign Legal Center, wrote in a statement announcing the complaint.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
McCain IS the Good Ol' Boys Club.
There are always power struggles going on in the swamp, and if there isn't division among the Republicans, the Dems would be happy to create it. I expect all sorts of attacks on all the GOP folks up there, but it will be interesting to see who attacks who, and in the end, who ends up working with the Dems in a transpolitical 'spirit of bipartisanship'.
Keep in mind that while the Dems will not expect a lot of progress (they'll accept it if they can get it), they are going to do all they can to disrupt any reversal of policy, in any way they can.
More biased sources below.
 http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/01/28/why-we-lose-john-mccain-blasts-trump-for-destruction-of-the-press/
https://sputniknews.com/us/201701101049419366-mccain-russia-sanctions/

I recall Trump saying he 'could deal with the GOPe' during the campaign, implying they could trade off to get things done. I doubt he will brook any flack from McCain (or anyone else) if he can do anything about it. There will be another to step up and run the club if something happens or is disclosed which will cause McCain to lose status, maybe someone more amenable to Trump's agenda/legacy, not that there's any bad blood between the two...

One thing is certain, it is an interesting show.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
IIRC this happened back in 2008 and wasn't intentional.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!