Author Topic: WikiLeaks Drops Bombshell on John McCain, He Solicited Money for His Campaign from Russian Ambassador Who Suddenly Died Monday in NYC  (Read 1884 times)

rangerrebew

WikiLeaks Drops Bombshell on John McCain, He Solicited Money for His Campaign from Russian Ambassador Who Suddenly Died Monday in NYC
John McCain

Posted By: Harry Hibbs

The John McCain Russian saga keeps getting more bizarre. Sen. John McCain as a presidential candidate in 2008 directly and illegally propositioned Vitaly Churkin, the Russian ambassador to the United Nations, to donate to the McCain/Sarah Palin GOP ticket, according to documents released by Wikileaks.

This week, WikiLeaks released a 2008 document showing then-presidential candidate McCain asking Russia to give illegal donations to his campaign. Russia responded with the following statement:

http://ufpnews.com/wikileaks-drops-bombshell-mccain/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:19:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"We have received a letter from Senator John McCain requesting financial contribution to his Presidential campaign. In this connection we would like to reiterate that Russian officials, the Permanent Mission of the Russian Federation to the United Nations or the Russian Government do not finance political activity in foreign countries.”

Well, that's a howler, right there. :silly:

Apparently, Sarah wasn't the only one who could see Russia from their house.

(I know, that was Tina Fey on SNL, but it's fun to play with anyway.) ****slapping
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

McCain is running the risk of having his legacy as a POW worthy of America's respect being completely subsumed by his reputation for utter corruption as an elected representative.

He should retire immediately.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
McCain is running the risk of having his legacy as a POW worthy of America's respect being completely subsumed by his reputation for utter corruption as an elected representative.

He's being set up for ejection from the Good Ol' Boys' Club. If he won't play ball, he'll be shot down, politically. It's how they roll in the swamp.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:34:14 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He's being set up for ejection from the Good Ol' Boys' Club. If he won't play ball, he'll be shot down, politically. It's how they roll in the swamp.

Why do they want to eject him?  Seems like he serves their purposes.

Offline skeeter

Maybe, but McCain himself seems to be bringing alot of this on himself.

Offline dfwgator

McCain IS the Good Ol' Boys Club.

Online libertybele

Looks like RINO hunting season is well underway.  I would love to see McCain step down.  He has the perfect out; his age and health.   :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Not a bombshell. (fake and/or clickbait news?)

Here is a link to the actual letter. (click under File > Download).

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/John_McCain_fundraising_appeal_letter_to_Russian_Ambassador_Vitaly_Churkin,_Sep_29_2008

It is one of those generic 'dear friend' letter that goes out to everyone on a mailing list.. It isn't a specific request to the ambassador.

Offline Cripplecreek

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/John_McCain_fundraising_appeal_letter_to_Russian_Ambassador_Vitaly_Churkin,_Sep_29_2008

It is one of those generic 'dear friend' letter that goes out to everyone on a mailing list.. It isn't a specific request to the ambassador.

Same old gotcha BS the simple minded rely on year after year after year. They morons accused Ted Cruz of begging for democrat party money last year for exactly the same reason.

Offline skeeter

It was a request for donation from the Russian Ambassador, period. In the context of McCains comments concerning Russian influence in our elections it does smack of hypocrisy.

Offline dfwgator

It was a request for donation from the Russian Ambassador, period. In the context of McCains comments concerning Russian influence in our elections it does smack of hypocrisy.

Couldn't he have gotten the money from his Arab pals?

Offline ABX

Same old gotcha BS the simple minded rely on year after year after year. They morons accused Ted Cruz of begging for democrat party money last year for exactly the same reason.

I believe UFP has come through here several times with stories debunked as fake.  Most of the stories I see on their site are clickbait at best, fake to misleading at worst (like this one).

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Really, wait for a more mainstream source,

More of those sorry so and sos that drag the names of others through the mud with no backup.

Offline ABX

No it wasn't a 'request for donation from the Russian Ambassador'. That would imply specificity.

This was basically spam or junk mail sent to everyone on a mailing list. I'm sure most here got the same letter.

Offline Cripplecreek

I believe UFP has come through here several times with stories debunked as fake.  Most of the stories I see on their site are clickbait at best, fake to misleading at worst (like this one).

In 2012 they beat up on Rick Santorum for "Seeking Union money" because union members were getting his robocalls (along with non union members, professionals, homemakers etc)

Its jangling keys to distract the stupid.

Offline skeeter

No it wasn't a 'request for donation from the Russian Ambassador'. That would imply specificity.

This was basically spam or junk mail sent to everyone on a mailing list. I'm sure most here got the same letter.

I didn't get a letter. Probably because 1) I'm not a Arizonan, and 2) I've never donated to John mcCain.

I think its safe to assume that Mr Churkin isn't an Arizonan either.

Offline dfwgator

I didn't get a letter. Probably because 1) I'm not a Arizonan, and 2) I've never donated to John mcCain.

Well we won't be hearing from Mr. Churkin anytime soon, as he passed away last week.

Offline ABX

And I get 2-3 per week (or more) from candidates, politicians, and PACs, from all over the country, even outside campaign season. I'm apparently on a lot of mailing lists. And that doesn't even count email spam, I'm just referring to physical letters like this one.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

And I get 2-3 per week (or more) from candidates, politicians, and PACs, from all over the country, even outside campaign season. I'm apparently on a lot of mailing lists. And that doesn't even count email spam, I'm just referring to physical letters like this one.

I get requests from Cruz all the time, but thats because I gave the guy a ton of dough during the primaries.

I do think its instructive that a foreign diplomat would be on anyone's contributor list (and I'm sure McCain's not the only one) especially in light of all of the hand wringing about foreign influence.

Offline skeeter

Well we won't be hearing from Mr. Churkin anytime soon, as he passed away last week.

I think its safe to assume that Mr Churkin isn't wasn't an Arizonan either.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I did receive some Chris Christie materials and it might have been my name was on some pro-life list, Christie has actually helped close some planned parenthood clinics by defunding them, unlike some so-called Conservatives.