Author Topic: A bridge too far? China builds bizarre replica of Tower Bridge and gloats about their version being twice the size of London’s (London Bridge)  (Read 970 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A bridge too far? China builds bizarre replica of Tower Bridge and gloats about their version being twice the size of London’s

Asian country famed for ripping off designs builds knock off historical landmark at cost of £9.4million
Pictured
BY PATRICK KNOX  27th February 2017, 3:12 pm

A REPLICA of London’s Tower Bridge in a Chinese city is being hailed as better than the original.

The mock-up landmark, built across a river in the city Suzhou stands 131 feet tall and is the spitting image of the famous bridge in the capital of the United Kingdom.

Seeing double …the rip-off Tower Bridge is twice the size

For years China has cashed in ripping off ideas – ignoring copyright laws – or making foreign products in factories where workers are poorly paid.

But now the nation of 1.3bn is copying whole buildings and landmarks from European cities lock, stock and barrel.

Unlike the original Tower Bridge, the copied one has four turrets rather than two.

This allows a dual carriageway to pass beneath.

The Chinese Tower Bridge is set in an area of mostly concrete tower blocks

Continued: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2966621/china-replica-tower-bridge-london-suzhou-size/

Offline Frank Cannon

For years China has cashed in ripping off ideas – ignoring copyright laws – or making foreign products in factories where workers are poorly paid.

The writer also forgot to add that the Chinamen are notoriously bad at building anything of quality. I imagine this bridge will last about a year before it collapses, killing hundreds of people.

https://watchers.news/2016/08/16/major-tailings-dam-failure-in-china-s-henan-province/

Offline TomSea

The price tag is 9.4million pounds,  really not that much considering how much construction costs nowadays and a rather faithful rendition of the original article.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:08:45 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

The price tag is 9.4million pounds,  really not that much considering how much construction costs nowadays and a rather faithful rendition of the original article.

So......you're not from around these parts.......are you?

Offline TomSea

Crosses on top? That's what I'm looking for.

And it's not a football stadium but an NFL stadium starts off at about a billion nowadays, a lot of property sells for those high amounts, they built a replica of Noah's Ark in KY. for $100 million or something and I remarked, I thought that was too much.

So, yes, 9.4 million pounds, let's say $13-15 million does seem like a low price.

Wingnut

How many days pay did they dock those chinks for falling dead on the job?

Offline Frank Cannon

Crosses on top? That's what I'm looking for.

And it's not a football stadium but an NFL stadium starts off at about a billion nowadays, a lot of property sells for those high amounts, they built a replica of Noah's Ark in KY. for $100 million or something and I remarked, I thought that was too much.

So, yes, 9.4 million pounds, let's say $13-15 million does seem like a low price.

I generally do not use foreign currency values when discussing matters. It's odd.

It is also a cheap price to build that bridge because A) It's a Communist country with labor payed with bowls of rice and B) it is a piece of shit just like every single thing in the country since 1949.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ULm6QrC428

Offline The_Reader_David

Actually, London Bridge is a different, rather nice, but nondescript bridge over the Thames.  The Tower Bridge is, well, the Tower Bridge, not London Bridge.

This: 

is London Bridge.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.