Author Topic: Malaysia: Companies behind N.Korean spy operation being removed from register – police  (Read 306 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Malaysia: Companies behind N.Korean spy operation being removed from register – police
 By Asian Correspondent Staff | 28th February 2017   | @ascorrespondent

THE two Malaysian companies allegedly used by the North Korean spy agency as a business front to sell military equipment in violation of UN sanctions are in the process of being removed from the companies’ register, local police said.

National police chief Khalid Abu Bakar said in a statement Tuesday that Malaysia is aware of the two firms which, according to a Reuters report on the matter, were the entities linked to the registration of the Glocom.com.my website in 2009.

He said, however, that the companies – International Global System and International Golden Services – were set up as multimedia and IT businesses in 2005 and 2012 respectively, and both are “in the process of being struck off”.

Continued: https://asiancorrespondent.com/2017/02/malaysia-companies-behind-n-korean-spy-operation-removed-register-police/

I hope others understand this story, I don't quite get some of the terminology but business in various countries is, obviously, different.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:05:33 am by TomSea »