Author Topic: Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech  (Read 3124 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech
By Susan Crabtree (@susancrabtree) • 2/27/17 3:37 PM

Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin announced plans to bring an undocumented medical student as a guest to President Trump's first address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night.

Durbin is one of the most vocal defenders of Barack Obama's executive action giving legal status to millions of children of illegal immigrants who have lived in the United States for years. He said he is honored to bring Aaima Sayed, a third-year medical student at Loyola University Chicago, to Trump's speech to Congress.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/durbin-to-bring-undocumented-med-school-student-to-trump-speech/article/2615906
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mom MD

Re: Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 11:54:57 pm »
I'm not sure how illegals become med students.  There is so much paperwork and documentation involved in the application process that this had to have been a deliberate choice to accept an illegal to this medical school.  I would love to know how they plan to get a residency and license let alone DEA # all of which require finger prints, background checks etc....  I'm sure all the legal US residents and citizens are thrilled to find out a very coveted spot in medical school went to an illegal.
God is still in control

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:01:39 am »
Thanks Dick. Now ICE will know where to go to find this illegal....

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 12:02:21 am »
In that event, I think it would only be fair that Trump brings an ICE agent.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 12:18:36 am »
Durbin to bring undocumented med school student to Trump speech
By Susan Crabtree (@susancrabtree) • 2/27/17 3:37 PM

Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin announced plans to bring an undocumented medical student as a guest to President Trump's first address to a joint session of Congress Tuesday night.

And what will he do if Trump orders the Marshals to grab this guy and send him to ICE?   Not a very smart thing to try with Trump,  in my opinion.   

When people try to rub Trump's nose in stuff,  they often get their own nose rubbed in stuff. 

If I were in Trump's position,   would I sit there and take this obvious affront,  or would I do what I am duty bound to do? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 12:19:46 am »
Thanks Dick. Now ICE will know where to go to find this illegal....

This has the potential to backfire spectacularly on Durbin.   I wonder if he's thought this thing through? 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 12:23:46 am »

This has the potential to backfire spectacularly on Durbin.   I wonder if he's thought this thing through?

It has been said that Dick has never been the sharpest tool in Illinois... but a tool none the less.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 12:28:06 am »
I'm not sure how illegals become med students.  There is so much paperwork and documentation involved in the application process that this had to have been a deliberate choice to accept an illegal to this medical school.  I would love to know how they plan to get a residency and license let alone DEA # all of which require finger prints, background checks etc....  I'm sure all the legal US residents and citizens are thrilled to find out a very coveted spot in medical school went to an illegal.
I am sure it is a conscious choice, on the part of the institution.

My niece is too white and too rich. She could not get into her first choice med school, for that reason. But she will make a great doctor, nonetheless.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 12:32:33 am »
It has been said that Dick has never been the sharpest tool in Illinois... but a tool none the less.

Some names fit people better than others...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 12:36:40 am »
I wish he'd have ICE arrest Durbin, along with the illegal, for harboring/aiding abetting, on national TV. Durbin IS guilty of that, so it would be completely appropriate.

Stop playing games with liberals and charge/arrest them.  Let the Dems ans MSM scream. They will anyway.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 12:39:44 am »
Oh...and then use the rest of the speech to list all the ways Democrats have used brown people as cannon fodder for their political gain. Let the MSM cut the fed on that and watch what happens when the country reacts.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 12:40:49 am »

She quite possibly overstayed her visa.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:41:57 am by skeeter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 01:26:48 am »
If Little Dick Durbin actually does that...Trump should order the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives to place the illegal alien under arrest and have Border Patrol agents waiting just outside the chamber ready to take him to jail to await deportation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 01:27:34 am »

Certain states allow them to attend college...and they get to do it with in state tuition rates.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:20 am »
If Little Dick Durbin actually does that...Trump should order the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives to place the illegal alien under arrest and have Border Patrol agents waiting just outside the chamber ready to take him to jail to await deportation.

Uh trump cannot order the saa to do jack squat, unless he's king. They serve the congress, not emperor trump.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:56 am »

I think someone referred to this student as a "she."    That would complicate the political spectacle a bit.   A "he"  would garner much less sympathy than a "she." 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 01:33:53 am »

Uh trump cannot order the saa to do jack squat, unless he's king. They serve the congress, not emperor trump.

However it would need to get done...whether it's requesting that Ryan do it or since it's a joint session have the President Pro Tem of the Senate give the command.

I think it would send a strong clear message about how serious Trump is about curbing illegal immigration AND send a message to the Dems about their little publicity stunts.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 01:35:32 am »

I think someone referred to this student as a "she."    That would complicate the political spectacle a bit.   A "he"  would garner much less sympathy than a "she."

Nah...just remind the Dems that since they've pushed for everything to be gender neutral it matter to them that it's a girl :smokin:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:35:57 am by txradioguy »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 01:37:14 am »
However it would need to get done...whether it's requesting that Ryan do it or since it's a joint session have the President Pro Tem of the Senate give the command.

I think it would send a strong clear message about how serious Trump is about curbing illegal immigration AND send a message to the Dems about their little publicity stunts.

The congressional leaders have a duty o make sure order is maintained imo.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 01:38:56 am »

I only bring up the Sergeant at Arms because he's considered the chief law enforcement officer of the House.

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 01:39:51 am »

Poor Little Trollish Figure.  Off the rails again.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 01:40:47 am »

Then she and Durbin should be arrested. There can be no order with an illegal in the chamber going free and Durbin violating law.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:15 am »

To go after this med student, would be inconsistent with Trump's stated position of sympathy towards young people brought into the country.

Disrupting the Joint Session for that stunt, would bring negative results, in my view.

I want him to stay true to his stated position of going after the "really bad dudes," first.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:32 am »
Then she and Durbin should be arrested. There can be no order with an illegal in the chamber going free and Durbin violating law.

I like the idea of arresting Durbin,   but I see potential for that backfiring.    They are already trying to portray Trump as a quasi-Dictator.   If he had Durbin arrested,  all the headlines tomorrow would be screaming  "Dictator Trump!   Blah blah blah.  "   This is the sort of thing that would get the public's attention,  and not necessarily in a good way. 

Arrest the illegal,  but he should probably forbear arresting a sitting member of congress. 
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 01:57:27 am »

I like the idea of arresting Durbin,   but I see potential for that backfiring.    They are already trying to portray Trump as a quasi-Dictator.   If he had Durbin arrested,  all the headlines tomorrow would be screaming  "Dictator Trump!   Blah blah blah.  "   This is the sort of thing that would get the public's attention,  and not necessarily in a good way. 

Arrest the illegal,  but he should probably forbear arresting a sitting member of congress.
So? They will bitch regardless. Trump will be painted a dictator regardless. It's time for everyone to man the hell up and stop letting fear of snowflake tantrums determine what laws are enforced.